18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Accountright not saving invoice to disk or is saving with blank fields

I'm using Accountright Plus AU 2019 and constantly have an issue with invoices not saving to disk or saving with blank fields (such as the job details, price, missing icons/logos etc.). This also happens to other users on different computers. The only solution to actually record a digital copy of the invoice is to email to myself, save from the email then set the invoice back to "To be emailed" so it can be sent to the customer. Very cumbersome and exceptionally time-consuming, and the issue has been intermittent for over a year.

Have tried updating/reinstalling Adobe to no avail (using Adobe Pro), MYOB updates not solving the issue, seems to be a consistently intermittent issue with MYOB. 

13 REPLIES 13
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Accountright not saving invoice to disk or is saving with blank fields

Hello @Tatyana 

Thank you for your post.  I hope you will find the forums and the collective knowledge of the community users to be of great value.

With your issue, is this for a particular customised form layout at all?  I am wondering if the layout field boxes might be a factor here as you mention particular fields being blank.  Are you able to see if this behavior is due to field boxes not adequately having room to populate?

Failing that, and assuming that it is certain custom forms, are you able to re-create the form being used from scratch and test that one?  It may also be worth testing if this happens in the sample Clearwater files as well.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Tatyana
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

This is a customised form but it has nothing to do with the field boxes - there have been plenty of invoices generated with large amounts of text that have not had an issue. As mentioned, this is an INTERMITTENT issue. Out of 3 users all doing the same task, 2 (on Windows 10 machines) are encountering this problem and the other (running Windows 7) has no issue at all. All other aspects are the same - same version of Adobe Pro, Office 365 etc. The specs on the Windows 10 machines are high-end and far in excess of requirements (as well as the specs of the Windows 7 machine).

I am currently in the Live Chat about this issue and thus far all fingers are constantly being pointed at our systems and programs and failing to recognise the ongoing and varying issues that Windows 10 users have been having with MYOB PDF forms for the last 4+ years. 

EDIT: updating to add that after being engaged in live chat and on the phone for almost 2 hours, updating my system (including  .net framework as raised as an issue during the live chat), the issue still appears during 75% of use and absolutely nothing was acheived via customer support apart from MYOB staff failing to listen to the information they were being given and constantly blaming the user and/or user equipment etc. for the issues. With numerous examples of other users having problems creating digital PDF records of invoices and MYOB failing to resolve the issue, it seems clear that this is an inherent failure of MYOB to adequately integrate with Windows 10 over the years. Time to seek an alternative to MYOB!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,381Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tatyana 

When selecting the Save to Disk option where are you saving that PDF to? I would ensure that you are attempting to save that PDF file locally on your computer i.e. the Desktop or your locally stored Documents folder

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I have attempted to save the PDF to both our cloud-based folders and locally on the computer - neither works. MYOB is not generating the PDF. The one time I finally got the PDF to save yesterday, it did so without populating some of the form fields and icons. And no, these are not present and invisible - when editing the PDF text and images there is nothing there to select.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,381Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tatyana 

You mentioned in your post that "MYOB is not generating the PDF" does it generate an error message or you are getting the Save As window after selecting Send to >>Disk... but after you select Save the PDF is not able to be found?

If it is the latter, I would go back to basics to see what is occurring. For example;

• Does it save as intended if you save it directly to the computer's Desktop?
  • If you print the invoice does it look as intended?
  • If you update the form that is being used to the Print/Email Invoices>>Advanced Filters window to a default form i.e. Pre-printed, does it save correctly?
  • Does the Clearwater company file produce the correct PDF format file?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M , like the rest of your MYOB colleagues, it appears you are not reading/listening to what is being said. I have already stated that I have tried saving to cloud AND desktop and both yield the same result - nothing. There is no error message - the dialogue box opens, I select where I want to save it and then nothing. Invoices are all set to be emailed and we save a digital copy as an extra recordkeeping step. As per my first post, the workaround is to email the invoice to myself and save the PDF that comes with the email. 

With regards to the Clearwater file, I have just tried 4 PDFs and all saved to the desktop without issue, but the item form formats appears to have not saved with the column headings and the company information (though upon testing with the windows 7 computer, it appears this is just an exceptionally poorly formatted MYOB invoice template that doesn't seem to have these headings/descriptors in the first place). I'd also like to note that these saving does not necessarily prove anything (certainly not an error with the customised form, which is where you are going with this), as we are still capable of saving invoices without issue on occasion (usually ok in the mornings, hence intermittent), and users of the windows 7 machine have never had this issue. The issue on the windows 10 machine has also become much worse in the last few weeks, as it used to only occur every now and then, and now we can barely ever get it to work correctly.

A true test would be importing the customised form into the Clearwater file and seeing if the forms works there. When doing this, MYOB prompts to backup the company file (ie. the Clearwater one). Is it necessary to back it up before importing a customised form?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,381Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tatyana 

I have read what you have indicated in this thread, which doesn't clearly indicate that you are not receiving an error message only to say that it doesn't save to disk, hence my line of questioning so we do have clear information into what is occurring so we can offer assistance.

Great to hear that the default form is working in Clearwater. The default forms are designed to be basic so that users can include their own customising. Having it working in Clearwater indicates that the system can produce the correct PDF under those conditions so now it a matter of narrowing down the differences to see what is impacting the creation of that PDF within your file. 

Testing your customise form in Clearwater is a great suggestion as this would indicate if it a file or form specific situation or other factors are in play. Although, I think you have gone to the Import/Export Assistant which would be for data. You need to utilise the Setup>>Export customised forms and Import customised forms functionality to share that form with the sample file.

You also indicate that the situation is intermittent, generally speaking, intermittent errors are likely environmental errors. If it was a system based error then it would generally occur with the same setup each time. If it is only happening at certain times of the day, I would be looking into seeing if what is occurring within the environment during that period i.e. perhaps an automated backup is scheduled to run in the morning? You have a scan of your computer and systems during that time...?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

No, I was importing the correct way. I just went ahead and created a backup prior to importing and tested with our custom form in Clearwater - saved without issue (albeit saving in low res). 

As far as other environmental factors, no, there is no antivirus etc. running scans in the background (all set to manual run only), only active firewall is running (which is consistent across all windows 7 and 10 machines) and would be SOP for almost anyone with a computer. As far as other updates, the only ones that may be downloading in the background are windows 10 updates, though there isn't much that can be done there short of using the pause feature constantly or modifying the registry. If that is the hindrance, that is something that MYOB needs to work around as it is a well-known aspect of windows 10. Windows 10 updates are set up for manual installation only. As far as MYOB backups, this is undertaken manually once all staff leave the premises for the day and no-one is using MYOB. AS for happening at certain times of day, no - it has merely been noticed as more frequently occurring in the afternoon, though it happens at any time of day.

I'm curious as to why 'environmental factors' such as simple, BACKGROUND updates or processes are capable of crippling such a basic task? That seems a massive flaw in MYOB if it is not capable of being run concurrently with other basic and expected day-to-day computing processes or tasks.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,381Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tatyana 

When you reach outside of the program such as saving a PDF, other considerations such as background tasks do need to be considered. As each environment is different, we do need to take a look at the external factors that can play a part and could be impacting the program. For example, automated backup software or mirror disk application may be scanning the destination location and thus prevent the file from saving as it's in use. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post