8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Add new online user

Hello, we have had a change of personnel recently and I have recently become the administrator of our online MYOB account right. When I go to Set up > user access I can see my name with Administrator ticked next to it. I am trying to add a new bookkeeper as a user and am getting an error message when I click save and add new user: You need to be an online administrator or the company file owner to invite a user. We do not have anyone else as the administrator or owner? Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,967 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,967Posts

5,004Kudos

5,401Solutions

Re: Add new online user

Hi @nsheehan 

You have two logins for an AccountRight company file:

• Your AccountRight Live login i.e. your my.MYOB account/email address and password. This controls what access you do have with regards to the file being in the cloud i.e. can invite users, upgrading the file...
  • You have your company file sign on i.e. a username and password. This user access controls what you have access to in terms of the product i.e. access to sales or purchases...

Note: These are independent of one another. So you could be listed as the company file user but be the lowest AccountRight Live login level (file user). Alternatively, you be the AccountRight Live owner (highest AccountRight Live login level) but have very limited company file user access.

In your case, the error message you have received is indicating that you don't have the necessary AccountRight Live level of access to invite another user to the company file. Should you be needing to invite another user you would need to be an AccountRight Live Owner or Administrator. If you are needing that access we do recommend contacting the AccountRight Live Owner to invite you as an AccountRight Live Administrator to the company file/serial number. This can be done through their my.MYOB account by selecting My Products>>Manage AccountRight Live after logging in.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steve. Unfortunately your advice below isn't working as your comment below about contacting the Owner to invite me as administrator - our bookkeeper has departed and I have emailed forms to MYOB to change the owner and administrator to me.  I cannot get the owner to invite me as she has left and it seems the change over hasn't been processed? I have also tried to login to a my.MYOB account but am getting the error message: The login details provided do not have access to my.MYOB; please try again or call our MYOB Customer Service Team.

In your case, the error message you have received is indicating that you don't have the necessary AccountRight Live level of access to invite another user to the company file. Should you be needing to invite another user you would need to be an AccountRight Live Owner or Administrator. If you are needing that access we do recommend contacting the AccountRight Live Owner to invite you as an AccountRight Live Administrator to the company file/serial number. This can be done through their my.MYOB account by selecting My Products>>Manage AccountRight Live after logging in.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,967 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,967Posts

5,004Kudos

5,401Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @nsheehan 

I have corrected an issue with your my.MYOB account login that should allow you to access my.MYOB as intended.

Looking at your account, it appears that the Change of Details form was not completed as we didn't have the necessary documentation. An email was issued out on the 23/06/2020 to advise of that situation, it appears to have been sent to the same email address you use to log into the Forum with.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steve. I am still unable to log into my.MYOB and have also re-booted. Does it take time to effect?

Unfortunately I didn't receive an email from MYOB on 23/6/20, would you be able to re-send it please? Thanks! 

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve, just letting you know I found the email in my junk folder and have sent the appropriate forms and now seem to have the necessary access. Thank you! 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post