How can I know that my MYOB is successfully set up Single Touch Payroll?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced User yxpma
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How can I know that my MYOB is successfully set up Single Touch Payroll?

Dear Sir/Madam, 

Recently, I tried to set up my MYOB so I can use single touch payroll. 

I followed the instruction and system told me that the next step is to notify ATO. 

However, ATO staff told me that I have already registered. And all I need to do is to send the payroll information from MYOB. 

Can someone tell me how to confirm that whether the setup is successfully done?

And if my MYOB file is ready to send the payroll report, how to send previous months report?

I just so surprised that it has been nearly a year and MYOB hasn't released videos to guide clients to use STP. 

Or just because I didn't find. If you can send me any link, that would be fantastic! 

Best regards,

Irene

7 REPLIES 7
Experienced User yxpma
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

How to submit payroll info via STP in MYOB?

Dear Sir/Madam, 

Below Youtube Video shows how to submit payroll info to ATO. Although the software is not MYOB, I believe the principles are the same and MYOB is supposed to have a button for us to submit payroll info to ATO. 

However, I failed to find such a button in AccountRight 2018.4 

Can anyone teach me how to submit payroll info? 

Thanks a lot! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmwluMqGLlQ

捕获.PNGPHOTO

Experienced User yxpma
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Is it possible to submit previous month payroll details via single touch payroll?

Our company employees are more than 20. 

We are supposed to use STP in 2018. 

However, the previous payroll officer has never submitted payroll details until this month. 

I was thinking, can I submit previous month payroll details via STP. 

If I can, then I don't need to prepay payment summary at end of this payroll year. 

Your help is highly appreciated! 

Best regards,

Irene

Ultimate Partner IanChait
1,035 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,035Posts

747Kudos

190Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Is it possible to submit previous month payroll details via single touch payroll?

Hi @yxpma

The information that gets sent to the ATO each payrun is the year to date amounts. So you do not need to submit any previous payruns, the totals will get reported when you submit your first STP run.

Note, only current employees with a pay in the payrun will get reported. For any employees terminated during the year, I beleive you need to run a nil paycheque for them, and their figures will be reported.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Ultimate Partner IanChait
1,035 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,035Posts

747Kudos

190Solutions

Re: How to submit payroll info via STP in MYOB?

HI @yxpma 

Select the Payroll Reporting button and follow the prompts. There are help links that will explain the process.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,054 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,054Posts

4,414Kudos

4,793Solutions

Re: How can I know that my MYOB is successfully set up Single Touch Payroll?

Hi @yxpma 

As has been indicated, Single Touch Payroll/STP/Payroll reporting can be completed through the Payroll>>Payroll Reporting option in a compatible STP solution product ( AccountRight 2018.2 or above).

Our Help Article: Set up Single Touch Payroll reporting outlines the tasks involved in that process. We also offer a range of training courses around Single touch Payroll see Single Touch Payroll training for more information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User yxpma
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How to submit payroll info via STP in MYOB?

Ian, 

Thanks for your reply. You said:"As has been indicated, Single Touch Payroll/STP/Payroll reporting can be completed through the Payroll>>Payroll Reporting option in a compatible STP solution product ( AccountRight 2018.2 or above". 

However, on MYOB website, it says"Once you are set up, your payroll information will be automatically sent to the ATO the next time you process payroll" 

"When you click Record to record a pay run, you'll be prompted to declare and submit the information to the ATO". See below link.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Set+up+Single+Touch+Payroll+reporting 

I am a little confused now. Do I really need to select the "Payroll Reporting" button?

Thanks for your help!

Experienced User yxpma
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Is it possible to submit previous month payroll details via single touch payroll?

Dear Ian, 

Thanks for your help. You mentioned:"I beleive you need to run a nil paycheque for them, and their figures will be reported."

Can I ask how to confirm that the terminated employee's payroll info has been submitted once I finish his nil paycheque?

Can I see it in the payroll reporting center as below? If not, then how can I get a confirmation notice?

127.PNG

127.PNG

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post