Opening a company file from Accountright 2017 in 2016 version

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User milimarkets
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Opening a company file from Accountright 2017 in 2016 version

Hi

When my pc died I got a new laptop and downloaded Accountright 2017.1 onto it, thinking it was the version I had previously bought.

It turns out that my company file was created in version 2016.2.1 (the version I had originally paid for) and now I can't open my company file anymore because I can't confirm my file in 2017.

How can I open the 2017 file in my 2016 version? I keep getting an error message that it must be opened in 2017.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Re: Opening a company file from Accountright 2017 in 2016 version

Hi @milimarkets

When upgrading from 1 20xx version to another, this will create a copy of the file in the last previous software to return to just in case.

For example:

If I move from 2018.2 to 2018.3 Locally, after I've installed the software and opened the file to upgrade it. It will create a copy of the file in my Local Library with (Old 2018.2) in the name.

Here's a picture of what I mean:

In Windows Explorer:

temp.png

In the Library Browser:

temp.png

When you open AccountRight and click "Open a company file" you should then be able to see the Library browser and see the old copy of the file here.

From here you should then be able to open that file.

However you may find that you'll have confirmation problems as the account does lock if the account detects confirmation from a higher product. To get this fixed, please send me a Private Message with your MYOB Serial Number so I can unlock the account for you.

You can send me a Private Message by hovering your mouse over my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the popup.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Contributing Cover User milimarkets
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Opening a company file from Accountright 2017 in 2016 version

Thank you! I have sent you a PM Smiley Happy