Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

DEFAULT DATE FOR INVOICES AND PAYMENTS

Experienced Cover User

19Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

So MYOB, do you take any notice of customer requests and information, or just take the monthly fees?

A post from 2013 requested a really basic option, default to today's date when entering an invoice. I would have thought it standard and a no-brainer, yet here we are 10 years later, and no sign of an improvement.

I guess this will also be ignored, but at least I got to vent. 

6 Comments
Jennyaus
7 Posts
Cover User

Default date to todays (current) - Absolutely this is a requirement needed. If peiods are not locked it is an accounting/bookkeeping nightmare.

Sales being receorded in the the wrong GST periods/years, P&L reports being very wrong etc

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Jennyaus 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you'll find it a wealth of knowledge. 

By default, AccountRight will use dates of the first day of the calendar month and the current day of the same calendar month when opening the Sales Register for the first time in a session. After that first time, whatever dates were in the date range when the Sales Register was closed down are used as the date range for the next time the Sales Register is opened within that session. You need to change the date once a new purchase and record. The next purchase will have the correct date. 

If you recorded a transaction with the wrong tax/GST code, the easiest solution is to either change the transaction, or delete the transaction and re-enter it. If the transaction is in a locked period or can't be changed, how to fix it depends on the original transaction.  

If P&L shows incorrect, you must view the transactions making up its balance. The best way to do this is to run a general ledger details report for the financial year you are questioning for that account. This will show a breakdown of all the transactions that have affected the account over the period and how much has been posted to the account in question. In this case, as we do not know what the correct balance should be, you should seek advice from your financial advisor, if you need more assistance.

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

Frothy
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Again MYOB, there is no answer to a legitimate question.

When entering an order or invoice, why would the system default to some random date that was last used and not to today's date?

From a programming perspective, I would think it should be such an easy fix.

If there is a reason why this can't be done, just say so. Communication is so easy.

Cheers

MsBoobear
7 Posts
User

I miss Reckon so much.  Such a small thing, but oh so important.  But, as I'm learning, FMYOB don't care about the wants and needs of most of their users.  They take the money and run.  Imagine if we treated customers/clients as FMYOB treats their subscribers?

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @MsBoobear, thank you for sharing your feedback. I understand that this feature is very helpful to improve your workflow and we're sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding. Rest assured that we will relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team.

Frothy
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

As another user whose accountant has decided MYOB isn't worth the effort, I really do wonder if MYOB care.
@Celia_B  You answered above, but really, it was not an answer to the problem, just another instance on the programming being wrong and you having no plans to fix it.

"By default, AccountRight will use dates of the first day of the calendar month and the current day of the same calendar month when opening the Sales Register for the first time in a session. After that first time, whatever dates were in the date range when the Sales Register was closed down are used as the date range for the next time the Sales Register is opened within that session. You need to change the date once a new purchase and record. The next purchase will have the correct date. "

WHY should I need to change the date to make it correct? Just give me the option to have a default date. Far out, if your programmers can't do that, you best go online and use Fiverr.