Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Lock period: Unlock for a period of time

Contributing Cover User

8Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
New
New

When locking a file for the previous month, there should be another key that says "unlock period for 5 minutes", or different timeframes.  As often, you just need to change descriptions, this way you don't have to remember to go back and lock the file again, the "unlocking" just times out.

"Locking Periods"

4 Comments
Hollysch
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I sometimes untick the lock period to adjust invoices in the period I have locked. I have the best intentions to relock the period as soon as I make the adjustment however I sometimes forget. I would love to see a feature in the security section where, instead of unticking the lock period feature indefinitely, you can select to say 'unlock period for 2 minutes' and after the set time it automatically goes back to being locked. Thanks for listening.

KCGPTM
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

still no fix

Hollysch
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Great suggestion, I support this.

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi MYOB

With the new version of MYOB 2020.2.2 that no longer rolls a year forward and payroll that just continues without rolling forward the Lock Date is extraordianrily important.

In the past if you forgot to turn this on an entry could only be entered with a wrong date back to the last rolled forward year. 

Now you could post it back to any date.

Could you add a feature that relocks the Lockdate after a set time eg. [selectable] 1 min, 2 min, 30 mins, 1 hour

as it is soooo so easy to forget to reset when you are fixing past problems.

The Doc