Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reconcile Accounts: Click and drag to select (multiple) tick boxes

4Posts

164Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
Australia

Hi,

can you please bring back the function that was available in the old versions of MYOB eg Premier v19, whereby you could click and drag the mouse down over the tick boxes in a Bank Reconciliation or when processing payroll? I know the feature to click and select / unselect ALL the tick boxes, but the drag and select feature was really useful for selecting / unselecting groups of transactions in one go. I get so frustrated having to click each single box!!

Thanks

Kate

"Group Ticking of Tick Boxes"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Great idea - folks vote on this one if you like it!

88 Comments
Mark_Smith
26 Posts
Former Staff
Great idea - folks vote on this one if you like it!
Jannine
2 Posts
Cover User

I came on here to also request this feature and this was the first topic I saw - I am glad I am not the only one finding this VERY FRUSTRATING.  Not having the group ticking function can add HOURS to the reconciliation process - having to tick one transaction at a time - especially working on line when it takes time to register each tick.  Please do something about this soon!!

LFW02
Trusted Partner
107 Posts
Trusted Partner

Bank Reconciliations would be one example, if you want to select a block of entries you have to manually select them one by one whereas in the classic versions it was click and drag, much quicker.

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Hi LFW02. Where would you like to see a drop and drag feature in AccountRight. Are you able to provide an example how this could be used?
LFW02
Trusted Partner
107 Posts
Trusted Partner

Bank Reconciliations would be one example, if you want to select a block of entries you have to manually select them one by one whereas in the classic versions it was click and drag, much quicker

dawesse
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Can we please have the ability to click and highlight a number of items at once when chosing for reports -

e.g. GL codes when pulling up a transaction report, click on one and then go down to the last one you wish to include and click on that and it ticks all within the range?? (similar to what happens with emails)

or tick the first box and run the mouse down the column of boxes and it ticks or unticks all it passes over

At the moment if I am selecting items/customers/jobs to be included in a report I have to go through and tick each individually and it is very time consuming.

Thanks

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

In V19, whenever there was a list to select multiple items, like print/email invoices/statements, recording recurring transactions, etc. you could click one box and hold and drag down the list to select many.

In the new version, you have changed them to bubles that require you to click and release on each bubble individually to select each item. This is VERY time consuming and difficult in comparison, especially when you have to do it alot.

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

Selecting recurring transactions to record, invoices to print/email, statements to print/email. Anywhere there are multiple items listed that need to be selected. It used to be click and drag to select multiples in V19. This has been changed in the new version.

Tamarr
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I believe that the old way to select the items is better than the new way. Please see the attached for example.

In the old system you just had to select an item then hold the mouse button down, then move the mouse to select further items automatically. Now you have to sit there and select items indidivually which is very time consuming.

So my idea is to go back to the orignal way.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agree - I have voted