Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Reports: Run reports across financial years

Experienced Partner

41Posts

175Kudos

0Solutions

41 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand

It would be useful to be able to run a report across two financial years - for example, if I want to run a P & L for 1/1/13 to 31/12/13 I need to run a report for 1/1/13 to 31/3/13 then 1/4/13 to 31/12/13 and combine the two of them.

"Run reports across two financial years"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2014

Thanks for your suggestion on making multi-period reports more flexible in the dates that they can be run for. We're always looking for new ways to make the reports more friendly in AccountRight so we would be happy to consider this. So we can keep track of the demand for this idea, please remember to vote on this idea if you'd like to see it added in.

14 Comments
KLL1984
2 Posts
Cover User

I Completely agree! We definitely need to run a P&L across different financial years. Not everything fits tidily into one financial year or for the designated financial year. 

AccountRight Enterprise allows you to run a P&L across any time period regardless. Why does AccountRight not have the same functionality?

Please revise asap. Many of us need this for our businesses.

Thank you

KLL

happychappy
2 Posts
Cover User

Need to be able to generate reports such as profit and loss, that are outside of the financial year dates, eg want to generate a profit and loss for the calendar year 1 Jan to 31 Dec

Contributing Cover User FFAbooks
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Has this been implemented yet? I have tried running a P&L for Jan-Dec 2017 with no luck. I have to run two separate reports then combine them which is not only frustrating but time consuming too!

Partner bizzibizzigirl
13 Posts
Partner

I don't think there should be a restriction on the date range at all actually.  There are many reasons why a business would want to look at a P&L period other than the true financial year.