Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Change of decimal places on values

Cover User

14Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Our company deals in small items that are sold in vast quantities. The unit pricing on these items have at least four decimals places and when dealing with quantities anywhere from 10,000 to beyond 50,000, a mere $0.0001 can make a difference.

When entering Sales Invoices MYOB AccountRight Plus (v2012) has the ability to accept entries with as many decimal places as I need, resulting in the correct total on the invoice. My issue arises with these invoices are printed or forwarded via email. This is when MYOB changes the decimal rounding to the standard two places on the unit pricing and all other amounts. The result is a lot of upset clients that feel they are being over charged when the numbers are being rounded up. This is not the case, however it can look that way.

Is there anyway that there could be a setting added that will allow the user to change the automatic rounding of numbers on invoices, leaving the rounding to be shown at the final total of the invoice.

Thanks

Jen 

"Setting the number of decimal places"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2015

Thank you everyone for your comments and votes. The latest version of AccountRight v2015.1 has the ability to print four decimal places for Unit Price on Item Invoices. 

47 Comments
amrBiz
Partner
1 Post
Partner

My customers require 4 decimal places on invoices and I need to know when MYOB intends fixing this issue before I start losing customers to other software programs.

woftam
7 Posts
Cover User

Another update to MYOB & again our needs have been ignored. I guess we can consider ourselves insignificant.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @woftam 

Sorry you feel that way. As previously explained, the team has to decide what to work on for each update based on the impact of the change and the number of clients affected. Unfortunately they cannot immediately implement every request received and need to prioritise their work. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Tony_Metaxas
1 Post
Cover User

.345 printed as .35

Myob should make this a priority , code for the extra decimal places is not a huge drain for the programing team. Very frustrating and embarrassing when you have to explain to your customers that your accounting software doesn't work correctly.I might add also very embarrassing for the customer when they call to query the invoice and find that it is correct

I think its not a question of implementing every request myob gets but some times you don't need a thousand people to tell you what is obviously incorrect

Regards

Tony

rob232
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

on our item invoices - base selling price has more than 2 decimal places used eg $0.007c - which calculates correctly within MYOB but when an item invoice is printed it shows up as $0.01c - on the printed invoice MYOB rounds it up - therefore on the paper invoice it is not a true reflection of the total price.  v19 printed $0.007 on the item invoices (we have been doing so for years!). after speaking with online chat/live assistance, it was finally figured out that 'due to popular demand everything is in 2 decimal places in the new version'.  I would like to say that i dont find it very popular at all Smiley Sad - so as i really do require for my invoices to reflect the extra decimal points could you please put it back on the table for consideration to add more decimals places please/most urgently.

On another note - again having just upgraded from  v19 to 2014.2 i found that although you are able to migrate your customised forms across  - the yah was short lived as they dont come across in alignment so after again talking with live assistance was informed basically tough luck  and will have to start from scratch. (this is how i found out the base selling price does not allow for extra decimal places to show up).  as we have a number of entities and therefore a number of forms (invoices, orders etc), and as we have had these forms for many years now - not being able to use these forms and having to customise them all over again is time consuming (especially when i have to to talk to live assistance about it and above), and frustrating.  I know there will always be teething problems with new software, but just wanted to voice my opinion and frustration and hope that a fix is near to hand.  thank you.

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

I must agree, there is not enough publicity of all the issues that some might face if they upgrade to 2014...

If the salesman that sold us the upgrade told us half the issues we would face, we NEVER would have upgraded.

Speed and stability remain our two biggest gripes, thought the 2 solid weeks of my time taken just to get it to function in any way even remotely suitable for us was a very big issue also.

SuziT
11 Posts
Cover User

I agree with the lack of warning about upgrading.

SuziT
11 Posts
Cover User

I have already posted regarding this important issue and I only see lip service and no action.

Today I received yet another call from another unhappy customer complaining specifically about this rounding issue. This customer is new and was hard-won business and are very improtant and I could now loose them all because of my choice accounting program. Why am I constantly facing the 'please explain' and MYOBS answer is 'under consideration'.

This is too much of a pain point for me and I am beyond frustrated. I was a user of a version of MYOB that did not have this problem and I was not forwarned of this set-back. There is no evidence of anything being done about this very critical issue and ovoicing their concerns. I am sure other's don't even know it exists. MYOB had the capability to show more decimal places before, why can't it be fixed?

Populatity or not, it is essential to show proper calculations, not rounding. This MUST be a choice - an option in settings - how many decimal places to show on invoices - 2, 3 or 4. One might consider rounding beyond four places 'reasonable'. An alternative is to provide a different table option in the forms so users can customise their forms to more decimal places. IT'S NOT HARD MYOB - TWO POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS EVEN!!!

I cannot stress strongly enough how frustruated I am with MYOB in general and specifically about MYOB's lack of support  and inaction. I tried to get online support  to raise this issue privately but it said the online service is 'not operating' at this time - seriously, on the first of July your service is not operating??? 

MYOB - you have the same attitude as Kodak did - 'no need to worry about changing'.

MYOB - you need to treat this seriously. Do you realise this leaves opganisations using your software liable for customers accusing the issuer of the invoice of misleading and deceptive conduct? How can you say it is not a priority for an accounting program at provide an accurate representation of item costs. It might add up in the end, but the perception from customers proves this is a very real issue that MUST be resolved promptly.

Immediately following this post I see no reason to persist any longer with MYOB - especially with total lack of support and Xero making such progress. It seems voting with my feet instead of voting in this useless forum is the only way to get through to MYOB. I urge other unhappy clients to consider their options.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SuziT, I have passed your feedback onto the head of our development team for his consideration.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

SuziT
11 Posts
Cover User

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your prompt response to an important issue.