Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Enter Sales - Ability to select packing slip for printing

Cover User

1Posts

43Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
New Zealand

Before the last upgrade we were able to print a packing slip without printing the invoice first. This has changed and now we have to print the invoice to be able to print the packing slip. The issue I have with this is most of our customers have their invoice emailed to them which means we are throwing away the printed invoice, which is a waste of paper and toner. Can it be changed back to the old system?

"Print packing slip from edit invoice window"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Hi there @Mike_James and @CBS001,

Thanks for that feedback. While the option to print a packing slip without the invoice is already a feature available in the software, we do agree that perhaps there may be improvements that can be made to the process to provide our clients with a more efficient method (such as implementing an option to print packing slips straight from the order/invoice window).

As such, I have changed the status as undergoing consideration. Anyone else who would like to see this incorporated within the program, please comment and vote by selecting the '+ VOTE' button next to the subject header.

Kindest,

Tallie

34 Comments
jota2004
1 Post
Cover User

i agree with the previous message, it is a pain if it can be reverted back as like the above I email the invoice and just need the packing slip to go with the goods.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for suggestion. You can print a packing slip without printing an invoice. To do this go to the sales command center and click print/email invoices. Click advanced filters and select the appropriate lpackin slip layout in the 'sale type' field.

CBS001
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I want to just print out the Packing Slip without the invoice, as above, but this doesn't work.

The Invoice still prints out first after we record the Order. We want to just print the Packing Slip when saving the Order and when we change it to a Invoice, Print the Invoice then.

Please help

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @CBS001 

You can do this within the software, if you go to the Sales>>Print/email invoices>>Select the packing slip you have created or that you use>>Select the ones you want to print>>Click the print button.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,832 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @KattC and @Liam_M, I had this discussion with a client yesterday. Whilst it is possible to print a packing slip using the Print/Email invoice screen, this is a very complex and unwieldy workflow for a single transaction.

What users would like, I think, is to be able to print a packing slip either when the sales order or invoice is recorded (without printing an invoice), or from the Print/Email options at the top of the invoice edit window. 

For my client, the approach was to customise an invoice form to look like a packing slip, then to email it they print to a PDF writer, then attach it to an email using Outlook. This is also not ideal, but Emailing from within a sales transaction doesn't give the option to select a form. (Separate idea here). And the Email tab of the Print/Email window doesn't allow the same selections (eg Invoice type: Packing Slip Item) as does the Print tab.

Could this suggestion, and a number of others relating to packing slips, be considered as one project for your developers. I'm sure that a lot could be done to improve work flows around packing slips.

If you would like me to raise a new idea, please advise, or can we revert the status on this one.

CBS001
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks for the feedback, I did as Mike James also suggested, making a invoice into a packing slip.

So much easier for production.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Mike_James and @CBS001,

Thanks for that feedback. While the option to print a packing slip without the invoice is already a feature available in the software, we do agree that perhaps there may be improvements that can be made to the process to provide our clients with a more efficient method (such as implementing an option to print packing slips straight from the order/invoice window).

As such, I have changed the status as undergoing consideration. Anyone else who would like to see this incorporated within the program, please comment and vote by selecting the '+ VOTE' button next to the subject header.

Kindest,

Tallie

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,832 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks @Tallie_M I don't see any voting option ?

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mike_James,

Have you already voted for this suggestion? If you have already voted for this idea previously, then you won't be able to see the '+ VOTE' sign, as your vote has already been counted. The second part of my post regarding voting / commenting was more for other clients who come across this post who would like to see the idea developed into AccountRight.

Kindest,

Tallie

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,832 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Tallie_M OK about not seeing the +VOTE sign, but I can't see the numbers of votes either.