Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Jobs - Adding job numbers onto transactions in bulk

Experienced Cover User

141Posts

87Kudos

0Solutions

141 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

We often have invoices that can be up to 2-10 pages long and have many hundreds of parts on them 

Each invoice is usually one job for our customers and it takes a long time to individually input the job number for every part 

I would imagine that most businesses using a job number system would do a seperate invoice for each job for a customer ( that is what we do) and what is needed is a spot to put the job number for the entire invoice so that it automatically inserts it each time a part is added.

The other option is a fill down function similar to excell where you can highlight the lines you want to insert the job number into and then it asks you for the job number

The best solution would be have both options available but just one would be a big benefit 

The highlight and fill would be good for where people have two or more job numbers on one invoice whereas the auto finput would be more suited to a single job per invoice

Hence both would cover everyone 

Again something to make life easier for the Myob user 

Darryl 

"Making it easy to put a job number on a Large Invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Thank you for the great suggestion @DazzaB Ibelieve a lot of our clients like your selves will benefit from this option a great deal. I encourage all users that would like to see this feature in a future upgrade to comment and vote.

35 Comments
OzTara
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Smiley Mad

Long overdue update required.

Simply putting the relevant job ID in one place when entering an invoice to allocate a whole invoice to a job would also then facilitate putting one field (IE like near the purchase order details or above the invoice detail) so that information entered about the job (like address etc) doesn't have to be entered every time we invoice it so that it shows for the customer.

Instead of the sale showing up against the income account it could simply show INVOICE (in reporting).

Much greater efficiency for many MYOB users but it seems the good ideas and feedback continue to be ignored.

Julie12345
1 Post
Cover User

Definitely useful!

Clio
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

DazzaB Has put this very well, for an issue that has been talked about for a long time, It would be great if it got some votes and some action.

Even though Myob Is cumbersome in the items area, clients that have perservered and not gone to an alternative would really  enjoy this fix.

Please VOTE

We often have invoices that can be up to 2-10 pages long and have many hundreds of parts on them 

Each invoice is usually one job for our customers and it takes a long time to individually input the job number for every part 

I would imagine that most businesses using a job number system would do a seperate invoice for each job for a customer ( that is what we do) and what is needed is a spot to put the job number for the entire invoice so that it automatically inserts it each time a part is added.

The other option is a fill down function similar to excell where you can highlight the lines you want to insert the job number into and then it asks you for the job number

The best solution would be have both options available but just one would be a big benefit 

The highlight and fill would be good for where people have two or more job numbers on one invoice whereas the auto finput would be more suited to a single job per invoice

Hence both would cover everyone 

Again something to make life easier for the Myob user 

Darryl

BettaBuyBakers
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This would be extremely helpful to my business

JacMoody
1 Post
Cover User

Yes please, and I agree totally with Darryl @DazzaB .

I have worked for my employer for 15 years and applying the job code on an invoice is the most tedious and time consuming. I've often wondered if it would be possible for MYOB to create a pull down box so the job code is applied to all the lines of the invoice in one hit. It would certainly be a way to work smart and save a lot of time Smiley Happy

Thanks MYOB for the great work! I love the program.