Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: MULTI CURRENCY IN PREMIER

Ultimate Partner

1,158Posts

170Kudos

151Solutions

1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Hello all,

I had, until this week, understood that the Multi-Currency functions in the Classic Premier version would be available in the 2014 Live version later this year.

It appears that this is now not the case, and may not even happen next year, or even longer.

I have a number of clients now using M-C in Premier v19.10 who want to move to the live version to obtain the benefits that they see available, but it now seems they will be stuck with the old version for quite some time.

All that they get for their almost $1200 pa subscription is updates of tax tables.

I urge all Premier M-C users and those with clients using M-C to vote to have this functionality returned without delay.

Cheers

David

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

Following on from our earlier AccountRight multi-currency beta program, AccountRight 2019 and 2020 versions has introduced the multi-currency feature to a variety of windows and functions. Check out Working with multi-currency to get started.

37 Comments
Geoff_at_CHD
3 Posts
User

It is simply not good enough that this is still showing as "Planned" rather than "In Development"

And we need a timeframe as to when this feature will be available.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Geoff_at_CHD

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea

Currently it has been marked as planned as we are still working through the options available to make sure that all clients that have/do use multiple currencies will be covered.   This is due to the fact that there are clients that have used multiple currencies that don't wish to use it anymore so we are investigating ways to remove it from the file. There are clients that only do a small number of multiple currencies transactions and then you have the clients that do a large number of transactions. As mentioned we are currently working through the options available and as such don't have a time frame at this point in time.

Once again thank you for your feedback, I have shared it with the team.

QuinnieTr
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Any news or updates on this new version? We want to back up everything to cloud but the new version doesnt have multi currency features and we got stuck with this really old version.

We paid for the subcriptions but using old version and cant be backed up online or working from home. This is not a good way. This causes a lot of inconvenience.

jimmywr
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

yep good luck with that. it's been asked for since AR live came out way back in 2013/14.

we keep asking and keep gertting the same reply.

MYOB, please concider a once a year fee only for tax tables as we get nothing else for the monthly so called MYOB cover

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I too had hassles with cross-currency for MYOB live.

MYOB Support tell me to use TRANSFORMATE as a 3rd party MYOB certified add-on. It can be used for any MYOB product, Xero and Sage. It does the overseas pyments, instant currency calcs and journal entries all in one.

It looks great from the demo and saves bank fees as well.(using Barclays bank). 

Now if only MYOB Live would do YTD on the payslips, I would be able to use it, otherwise I have a revolution on my hands...

Bteam
Trusted User
81 Posts
Trusted User

I can't understand why we are at the end of 2016 and multi currency features are not available in the "new" versions. Surely the maths involved is exactly what computers are good at.

Bteam
Trusted User
81 Posts
Trusted User

>>MYOB Support tell me to use TRANSFORMATE as a 3rd party MYOB certified add-on. It can be used for any MYOB product, Xero and Sage. It does the overseas pyments, instant currency calcs and journal entries all in one.<<

TransferMate not TRANSFORMATE. No. I haven't used it so this is not an endorsement

jimmywr
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

the addon only allows you to use their FX provider, the rate is not as good as we get elsewhere.  as on Dec 1 we are free of MYOB and it's poor support, BYE BYE

Bteam
Trusted User
81 Posts
Trusted User

jimmywr. I agree about the lower rates from transfermate and continue to avoid MYOB's later versions until I decide to find a better system.

jimmywr
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

yesterday we  move away from MYOB after 14 years. very poor form that nothing has changed in the past 5~6 years paying monthly just for tax tables and email integration that does not work.. check out jcurve.com.au