CANNOT IMPORT SALES Error -25: Invalid amount.

Dylan2
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

CANNOT IMPORT SALES Error -25: Invalid amount.

Hi, 

We are attmepting to import data into a new MYOB AR file which is proving to be quite frustrating. 

While some files import without error, many of them are subject to "Error -25: Invalid amount."

I have attempted to modify various variables/fields to no availl.

I also attempted to identify how these failed imports differ from those that were successful. 

One potential problem cell was the 'discount field' which was filled with negative values. When removed the error message changes to Error -28: Item is not sold.

Please see attatched exported file, and the import log. 

Any solution would be gretaly appreicated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: CANNOT IMPORT SALES Error -25: Invalid amount.

Hi @Dylan2,

Thank you for your post. Please allow me to extend a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of information in this forum. 

We appreciate you expressing your concern to us and for the file you have attached. The 25: invalid amount issue occurs when Microsoft Excel adds extra characters to the import file. When you save Microsoft Excel as a text file, it automatically adds double quotes before and after each data item. If the numerical number includes a comma. This will force AccountRight Live to skip the fields and provide an import error. It expects normal characters in these fields. this field.  

To fix this, try to remove the $symbol from all the amount columns. If you still get the same error, reduce the import file to a smaller batch, as that would help identify which transaction is causing this error.  

With regards to the discount field you mentioned, the error message changes to 28: item is not sold when removed. You will get an error if you try to use an item with a negative selling or buying price in an invoice. You can create a new bill save it, then delete the old bill.  

Let me know how you go with this. Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance. We are happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: CANNOT IMPORT SALES Error -25: Invalid amount.

Hi @Dylan2,

We hope this message finds you well. We want to check back with you regarding your concern. If you still need further assistance or if you have questions or concerns, please contact us again or create a new post. We are happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post