Cash and Accrual

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Fullick
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cash and Accrual

Hi,

We run on a Cash Basis has been set up for years.  By accident I clicked on GST Accrual and here is everything that has been entered for the quarter.  Is this common.  It was also all there on the Cash Basis.  The only difference was the GST collected and Paid, which is correct.  What I need to know is why this is so.

Regards

Bronwyn

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Cash and Accrual

Hi @Fullick 

Thanks for your post.  On an accrual basis all transactions dated within that quarter will be reported as accrual is based on the transaction date, not when payment was made or received.  An invoice dated in December but paid in January will be reported in the Oct-Dec BAS. The cash basis is based on when payment is made or received, an invoice dated in December but paid in January will be reported in the Jan-Mar BAS. So I would expect to see all transactions dated in the quarter to appear in the Accrual reports for that quarter, regardless of whether they have been paid or not.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post