Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Reporting Timeout Error

Ever since the latest update, I can't run any reports.  I have even tried running a report for 7 days worth of data which should be minor, and the operation times out..  I think it's a new bug in the update that needs to be sorted out quickly..

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,473 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,473Posts

5,088Kudos

5,487Solutions

Re: Reporting Timeout Error

Hi @melachterberg 

If you are encountering a timeout message with AccountRight we do recommend that you look at adding a timeout extender to the program as per AccountRight Timeout Extender. This timeout extender is intended to be used to aid clients in key timeout situations and doesn't work for all clients.

If you are still encountering that situation after actioning those steps the recommendation would be to try limiting the data records that the system is trying to obtain. For example, if you are running a report try limiting the date range or only reporting on some accounts/cards/items...

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
52 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

52Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

I too am experiencing the same error on reports that only have a small amount of data (logged a post yesterday).  They aren't even working for 1 day of data!  I have tried the extender and it didn't help at all - please see my post.

How are we supposed to do reporting for EOFY reconciliations?  

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I am lucky the issue resolved itself a few days later without having to use the extender.  Can't even explain how it changed, I assumed they fixed a bug!

Highlighted
Experienced User
52 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

52Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Wow!  You must be one of a few lucky ones then, I've been having this problem with different reports for about the last 5 upgrades and never seem to be resolved.

Highlighted
Trusted Partner
78 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

78Posts

32Kudos

2Solutions

Not one of the lucky ones either even after running extender. What should be an easy report becomes a whole other process by taking a backup of our company file and restoring it offline, then running the report.  Surely as this problem is certainly nothing new this should be fixed!!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post