AccountRight 2017.2.0

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner lois
15 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

15Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight 2017.2.0

Hi all,

I have noticed in a clients file, that when I use the Lock feature in the Security Tab, and input the lock date, it is not actually locking it at that date, and still allowing data to be input.  I have locked a file for 31.12.17, and then gone in and entered dated before that date, and it still allows this to occur.

Is this a known bug?

It is very annoying as client has been able to enter data into the last BAS period after the file was locked.  Very time consuming to ascertain what is going on.  

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,303 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,303Posts

515Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2017.2.0

Hi @lois,

It is strange that you were able to enter transactions in the locked period. There is no known issue with the lock function in AccountRight 2017.2, I've just tested in the sample company file and it's working as intended. 

I'm wondering what kind of transaction were you able to record after setting the lock period? Could you please provide screenshot of the date set under the Security tab, and recording a new transaction in the locked period? Does the same behavior occur if you are using the sample company file Clearwater?

As for your clients, do they have also access to remove the lock period setting? 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner lois
15 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

15Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover,

Yes the client can unlock the file, and likewise I can too.  I have tested this in the Sample Clearwater file as well, and it also allows me to record transactions with the file locked at 31.12.17.  File lock date is 31.12.17 in security tab.  I have entered a Spend money, and also a Bill and both allowed me to record.

Attached are screen shots of the sample file as asked. 

Thanks.

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,750 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,750Posts

2,109Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @lois

The Lock Date is based on 'Prior to' so if you use 31 Dec 2017, you should be able to enter transactions dated 31 Dec 2017, but not 30 Dec 2017. Sounds like you should be setting the date to 1 Jan 2018.

Regards

Gavin

Partner lois
15 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

15Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Thank you for your response, yes I do agree with you. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post