Contributing User JoannaWhi
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Deleted payroll payment and STP

A June 2019 payroll payment was accidentally deleted in August. We picked it up when an account balance had changed.

Given STP, can i just re-run the payment in MYOB. The employee's EOY finalisation is correct.

Any guidance would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Deleted payroll payment and STP

Hi @JoannaWhi 

When the payroll transaction was deleted, it would have impacted the YTD figures for that period and all subsequent STP reports in the payroll year would have reported the YTD figures. As such the Employees end of year figures may not have been correct by way of the reported figures.

Typically the way to correct this would be to redo the deleted payrun and report that through STP if it is within the same payroll year.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User JoannaWhi
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

My issue is that the deleted payment relates to June 2019 and I can't rollback the payroll year.

The STP reporting is correct. My issue is a GL issue.

I think I better redo the pay in the new Payroll year. Any other ideas?

Jo

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,311Posts

516Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @JoannaWhi 

Recording the deleted pay in the current payroll year will throw the YTD totals out, which will be picked up in STP. 

The best way would be restoring from a backup made before the pay was deleted, start from that point and move later data into the restored file. Export and Import can shorten the process. This way the audit trails are all correct.

If for reasons that restoring from a backup isn't available, you may consider recording a journal entry to update the account balances, it can be recorded in the past financial year. This also means that you'd need to double check the entitlement balances, manually update the Carried Over amounts if needed. Super accrual would also be altered after the deletion, especially if it's yet to be paid. The payroll reports would be incorrect for the past payroll year, you would need to restore from a backup prior to the deletion in order to generate payroll reports for the past payroll year.

I would suggest discussing with your accountant to decide what would be the best option for your business.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post