Claire_F
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Entitlement balance incorrect on report after reinstating employee

Hi,

I have reinstated a staff member who left and has returned as a casual working a few hours here and there, she is not entitled to LSL, personal leave or annual leave.

When she finished I paid all her leave out and put in her termination date, which zero'd all her entitlements. I have just run an entitlement report after reinstating her with all entitlements left unticked and it is showing that she has:

-5.5 hrs LSL

-19.03 hrs Personal leave

72.7 hrs annual leave

Her card is showing zero balance for all, which is correct. There is no history as assume this was wiped when I did the termination.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Claire

7 REPLIES 7
Experienced Cover User ASparks
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
ASparks
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Entitlement balance incorrect on report after reinstating employee

@Claire_FI've only just discovered the same problem.  My employee is full-time and therefore accruing leave entitlements.  The entitlements on the card file are correct.  The entitlements shown on the report and pay advice are negative figures.  Lets hope someone can shed some light.

Annette

42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
ASparks
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

@Claire_F  have you found a solution to your problem?  Seems no-one can help us out.

Contributing Cover User Claire_F
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Claire_F
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

No, I have tried to work it out but as everything was zero'd when I payed them out and then removed when I terminated them I cannot go back or change anything in wages.

42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
ASparks
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

@Haydesare you able to shed some light on this issue?

Thanks Annette

MYOB Moderator Haydes
6,138 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Moderator

6138Posts

987Kudos

876Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Claire_F & @ASparks

Sorry for the late reply, I only just came back from leave and still catching up on things.

From the description of @Claire_F's OP, Termination only hides the balances and does not clear them if there was any balances left over you wouldn't see them until they are reinstated.

A case I've seen before is that when the Termination Pay was made to clear the entitlements, the Payout itself was correctly however the Entitlement Balances were deselected at the time. So the pays showed but it did not decrease the balances in the background before termination.

At this stage, we can only move forward so we want to make sure their balances are cleared completely and ensure they're all fine as a Casual worker - Which I'm assuming you have done from the rest of this post.

If we run the Entitlement Balance Detail report for around now for that employee we can see if there's any balance left. Before continuing we want to make sure the Hours from Pays section and Card Balance have no difference.

If there IS a difference; we need to adjust the Pay History for when it went askew. This is a good support note to cover this: Resolving a difference in Entitlement Balance reports

If there is NOT a difference; we can just go through and remove the balances that show on the report. This is done by creating a Void Pay. You will need to tick the Entitlement Categories on their Employee Card again before continuing. This is the best support note for this: Adjusting leave entitlements

If there is a difference this can be confusing the Entitlement Balance Summary report. Hours from Pays is our source of truth.

Let me know if you have any problems along the way or questions before continuing.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
ASparks
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks @Haydes I ended up calling support last week and after a few hours on the phone, managed to get this fixed.  I will however keep your notes in case this happens again.

cheers

Annette 

Contributing Cover User jojo2202
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
jojo2202
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden

Hope its OK to ask you directly, but you put the above post in reply to people who had problems with entitlements after reinstating an employee.  I am about to do this, and because of their issues, can I ask if this is the best way to reinstate somebody.  If I start a whole new card (which seems easier) am I able to issue one payment summary at the end of the year.  If I can't, is it OK to issue two?

Thankyou

Jo

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post