Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

55Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Incorrect Entitlement Balances After a Termination

Hi,

We have made few of our employees redundant and just a couple of days later Management decided to re-employ a one employee. For this employee I have already entereted the termination date. After the Management decision I cleared the termination date from employees card and reversed all the redundancy payment pay runs. And Then I generated Entitlement Balance and Detail reports and those are showing balances not even near what the employee had, way high. Hours from pays and card balances are too different, before I cleared termination date those were same. In the pay history of the employee card all the monthly accrued entielement balances are 0 too.  I tried to deselect entitlement leave categories for this employee and ran the reports but still reports are showing same balances. Is there a way to clear these balances and re-enter actual balances.

Just to check I cleared a terminaten date of another employee and ran reports and those reports showed incorrect leave balances too.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,094 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,094Posts

221Kudos

328Solutions

Re: Incorrect Entitlement Balances After a Termination

Hi @Pri 

Apologies for delay in response.

Once you enter a termination date in the employee card file, all the entitlements linked to that employee are cleared to zero. Therefore, once you reverse the redundancy pays or clear the termination date, the balances start afresh as opposed to what they had before entering the termination date. 

In order to correct the entitlement balance, if you know the correct year to date balance for the employees, you can adjust them in the file by following the steps on Adjusting leave entitlements help article.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello, I have the same problem and adjusting Adjust Carried-over leave balances does not solve this problem, by doing this it corrects figures at Entitlment Balance reports, but on the other side total entitlemet figure at an employee card and payslip become incorrect Smiley Sad

Could you please help to solve this problem.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,094 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,094Posts

221Kudos

328Solutions

Hi @TatSS 

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. 

Could you please confirm what method from the help article have you followed to adjust the balances? If possible, please send me the screenshots of reports, entitlement balance on the card file and the payrun involving adjustment by a Private Message so I can investigate it further.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post