Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Permanent part time employee 20hr week

Hi MYOB

I am struggling to find a simple answer.

Have employed a permanent part time person, 20hrs per week on hourly rate.  But first pay week the did 32 hours. Just paid 32 hrs at hourly rate.

BUT I am needing to set up annual leave accrual and sick leave accrual and I am so confused.

ANNUAL LEAVE as per googling it is 4 weeks per annual and PERSONAL/CARER LEAVE is 10 days per annum.

If I leave the annual leave % as 7.6923 it works out an accrual figure at 32 hours, can i set it as fixed % of 1.538hrs per week  x 52 wks = 79.98 hrs per year annual leave (based on 20hours) - is this ok?

and what would be the best for sick leave?

Thanks for any help.  My brain is fried today in trying to find out 1 simple way to fix this.

Gill

TMS

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,384Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Permanent part time employee 20hr week

Hi @Tasqua 

Generally speaking  if the employee is paid on an hourly basis your leave entitlements would be a percentage of gross hours, which worked out to be 4 weeks of leave, or whatever their contract specifies. By setting this up as a percentage of gross hours it will take into account if they work more or fewer hours in a week and adjust their entitlement accordingly.

If you were unsure as to how to work out the percentage or your obligations around leave for your employees, I’d recommend speaking with FairWork. They wont be able to tell you how to set this up inside your software but they will be able to run you through the correct figures that you should be giving your employees

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post