Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Reinstate Employee same payroll year issues

Hi there

Hoping someone can help with this... I am re-instating an old employee within the same payroll year .  The employee was originally a full-time employee now coming back on a casual basis.  I have read old past posts that say I can update the old card file with new details, however it will not allow me to remove the annual leave and leave loading from the old card file? The message I get is "One or more payroll categories cannot be deselected as they have been recorded on timesheets". If this is the case can I exempt them if I go into the payroll category under the employee or does this mean I will need to create a new card for this employee?  I also understand i need to advise the ATO via the Single touch payroll system that we are re-instating the employee...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,452 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,452Posts

183Kudos

241Solutions

Re: Reinstate Employee same payroll year issues

Hi @wildchildeb

Thank you for your post. Can I please confirm if there is amounts in the employees standard pay ? You can check this by Opening the employees card file > Select the payroll details tab > Select Standard pay tab on the left hand side, in here if there is amounts can you please remove them. Once removed please attempt to untick the leave categories from there file. 

Additionally our help article Reinstating an employee has the instructions on how to notify the ATO of the reinstated employee, this can be found under step 9

Please do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Melisa

I have checked the Standard Pay  as per your earlier post and it is 0.  I did go back to check if I could untick again anyway and it still does not allow me to do it.  Is it perhaps because we used timesheets when we ran our payroll, that is causing the problem?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,452 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,452Posts

183Kudos

241Solutions

Hi @wildchildeb

Thanks for the update. Yes it could be however can you please check to see if there is unpaid timesheet entries for this employee?

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post