Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Salary Sacrifice Jobkeeper to Super

Hi All

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction as to how to record Salary sacrifice (to super) of the Jobkeeper allowance?  I have read as many posts as I can find and none give a full answer.  

I use AR2020 and have setup the JK as per the MYOB suggestion.  Have one employee who has been salary sacrificing 100% of pay since June.  (Will I need to amend that report to the ATO)?

Many thanks in advance!

cheers Daph

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
4,061 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,061Posts

623Kudos

623Solutions

Re: Salary Sacrifice Jobkeeper to Super

Hi @Daph 

Thanks for your post. The instructions from the ATO are that the JOBKEEPER-TOPUP payments must be reported under Allowances - Other, not included in gross payments. The following information can be found in this link to the ATO website:

How to report a top-up

• Use the 'Other Allowances' field to report a top-up payment.
  • Insert the description 'JOBKEEPER-TOPUP'. This must be entered exactly to prevent significant delays or reimbursement failure.
  • Your software will report the cumulative year-to-date top-up amount for the JobKeeper payment as per other amounts reported in STP.

This help article has information on reporting salary sacrifice through STP: Assign ATO reporting categories

If you are reporting salary sacrifice and JobKeeper payments as per these links then you are reporting correctly according to the ATO instructions. If you are still unsure I do recommend speaking to the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post