Unable to enter payroll in lock period

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User willmum
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to enter payroll in lock period

HI IM TRYING TO ADD A PAY  IN A LOCKED PERIOD BUT IT WANT LET ME I HAVE ROLLED THE YEAR BACK UNLOCKED IN SECURITY TAB BUT STILL WANT LET ME ANYONE OUT THERE THAT MAY BE ABLE TO HELP PLEASE

7 REPLIES 7
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,533 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

4,533Posts

3,280Kudos

0Solutions

Re: PAY ROLL

@willmum

Rolling back the financial year does not affect the payroll year. Once a payroll year has been rolled there is no recovery. If this is the file that was used to prepare Payment Summaries and report PAYG then you should speak to your accountant before making any changes.

I have attached a simple Spend Money entry that can be entered in the last payroll year. this only works if you have clean employee cards that have not been used for Spend money transactions through the year.

This will give you a correct GL but will not correct the error in the payroll reports. Should you need details on an individual then you need to use card.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,423 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,423Posts

2,231Kudos

0Solutions

@willmum

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

To add to what @ronatbas has said. If you need to enter any changes into the Payroll and do Amended Payment Summaries then the only way is to restore the backup you did when you produced the Payment Summaries, to the desktop, NOT the cloud.

Do the changes in this restored file and produce new Amended Payment Summaries.

Make a note of any changes in leave accurals.

Save a backup of this now adjusted file and then get rid of that file.

You will then need to do a zero payrun in your existing file to amend any leave accruals that may have been affected by the changes you did in the restored file.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Thanks for all your messages but nothing is working from what I can see is in June all pays went through but some how I have deleted the payroll that I payed on the 6/6/18 as the spend money part of the pay is still there but not the wage from payroll. Hope this makes sense to someone. I have only been doing this for a short time and I am finding very hard Thanks  heaps

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Thanks for all your messages but nothing is working from what I can see all pays went through but some how I have deleted part of one as the spend money part of the pay is still there but not the wage from payroll is gone. Hope this makes sense to someone. I have only been doing this for a short time and I am finding very hard Thanks  heaps

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,533 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

4,533Posts

3,280Kudos

0Solutions

@willmum @GDay53

I am not sure what you mean

but some how I have deleted part of one as the spend money part of the pay is still there but not the wage from payroll is gone.

The payroll entry is similar to, but different from a spend money entry.  In the past  did you reimbursed employees out of pocket expenses using payroll or use spend money? Has the bank reconciliation changed?

If it purely this reimbursement that is missing then you can do a spend money into the last payroll year.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Ill try and explain I did the end of year BAS closed everything I needed to then started 1st quarter everything was going well then I noticed I had out of balance so I start looking to try and resolve it and found a extra pay I had put in (so i thought at that time ) which I deleted. Now when I go into the Account window there is one pay sitting in payroll clearing account when I open that and click the blue arrow at current balance which opens find transactions the list of wages are there but on the second pay run of the month  I only have the transaction that I matched in bank feed not the Payroll Window. If you unable to help can I call MYOB and get someone to help over the phone. As I said before I'm new to this. 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,384Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @willmum

I’m going to assume that the bank feeds are linked to a different account to the payroll clearing account. When the bank feeds come in, they can only be matched to transactions within the associated account.

If the payroll transaction had gone into a clearing account, which was then placed into a bank account with a separate transaction, deleting that second transaction would return the amount back to the clearing account. Assuming that the clearing account wasn’t linked to the bank feeds, when the bank feed transaction came in, it wouldn’t be able to be matched to the transaction in the clearing account as they are in different accounts.

To resolve this you would need to record a journal entry to move the amount from the clearing account into the correct bank account, if this is where it needed to be. If you weren’t sure on how the journal entry should look then I recommend speaking with your accountant

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post