1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

reinstating a terminated employess

I have MYOB account right Version 20.1

I terminated an employee last week, but wish to reinstate them now and i thought could manually re adjust their entitlements

I deleted the termination date in the casrd file however now I have a discrepency between the Entitlement balance summary which shows Holiday pay 62.92

LSL -7.75 and Sick pay -7.03and the card file which shows balances of zero

How can I reinstate the employee and have matching balances ?

Is there an easy fix for this or do i have to create another card in which case i will issue 2 payment summaries at the end of the year 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
966 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

966Posts

186Kudos

122Solutions

Re: reinstating a terminated employess

Hi @WC68 

No easy way - you have to create a new card unfortunately - there is no way to reinstate a terminated employee - hence why I always leave it a month before I enter terminated dates - it enables you to back out if an employee returns - it happens.

The Doc

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,019 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,019Posts

494Kudos

451Solutions

Re: reinstating a terminated employess

Hi @WC68 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in replying. When a termination date is entered on an employee card, all the leave entitlements in card Pay History will be deleted. But the leave accrual history is still retained in the reports as the pays are still saved in the file. 

This help article explains the process of reinstating an employee: Reinstate an employee 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post