MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

winmail.dat

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User moira
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
moira
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

winmail.dat

I have upgraded my AccountRight to Premier V19.14. The payslips are now being received as winmail.dat.

I had the same probelm when I upgraded to V19.11 and was advised to download a file from "Fixing email issues - "Other email issues" - Sent emails include an attachment called "Winmail.dat" , which fixed the problem.

I cannot file this file on the site any longer could someone point me in the right direction.

thanks

Moira

10 REPLIES 10
DeeDee
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
DeeDee
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: winmail.dat

I have the exact same problem!! This is so frustrating. I've been on the phone to MYOB three times in two days and 1st person told me to upgrade to Outlook 2016 (I was on Outlook 2010) That was a waste of $180 because guess what? It didn't help.

The second person I spoke to told me to call Microsoft. After 3 hours of Microsoft testing my computer remotely they say it's something to do with MYOB because if I send pdf files individually they work. I call MYOB back again today and yep once again they have told me to get in contact with Microsoft. "It's an Outlook issue" 

I'm so over it!! 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,283 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator

1283Posts

189Kudos

144Solutions

Hi @DeeDee and @moira,

That file in 19.11 you are talking about is no longer required as the latest update already incorporates this fix.

Have a look at your sent items and see if you emails are being sent with PDF or DAT. If they are being sent with DAT files then have a look at this support article (click here to open) and the pre-expanded question.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
moira
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

The files are being sent as pdf.  If you click on the sent item and forward it to the same email address it goes through correctly as a pdf.

Moira

MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,283 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator

1283Posts

189Kudos

144Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @moira,

Try this and let me know if it works for you.

In the programs installation folder go in to the MapiEx folder that is outlined in red below.

Untitled.png

You'll find a file called MAPIDisable.txt. Move this file to the root/same folder as the MapiEx folder. So it should look something like this.

Untitled.png

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
moira
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi JakeN

Brilliant, that worked.  I am back to how it was previously with the Microsoft Outlook box  with the Allow/Deny buttons coming up before the emails are sent.

I sent a payslip and an invoice and both were received as pdf.

Thank you for your help

regards

Moira

MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,283 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator

1283Posts

189Kudos

144Solutions

Hi @moira,

I am glad that this has worked for you.

To support note I had mentioned earlier has instructions that can hopefully remove the security message you are receiving.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User Superaxe
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Superaxe
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

We are having the problems described below, sending invoices on Premier Classic Version 19.14.0, the email hs the winmail.dat file attached instead of the PDF file.  It only seems to happen when sending Apple Mac, Iphones etc. .  We have tried changing Outlook 2017 (Office 365) to Plain Text, but that needs to be done every email and it hasn't worked, and I have also tried to find the MapiEx file, which isn't there.

MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,283 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator

1283Posts

189Kudos

144Solutions

Hi @Superaxe,

I would recommend reinstalling your software as the MapiEx folder and file comes with the installation of v19.14. If you are not able to see it or it is not there the program has not been installed correctly or there may a security software removing the file/folder.

To download the program please login first to your my.myob account. Take a look at this article if you want to know what a my.myob account it, "About my.myob" (click here to open).

Once you are logged in to download version 19.14 or earlier follow this support article, Click on this support article link (Downloading AccountRight). This link will take you to a page where it explains how to update your version of the software and how to resolve common issues that you may run in to.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User Superaxe
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Superaxe
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Jake,

I have tried doing a "Repair" and a complete Uninstall and Downloaded the Full Version and reinstalled.  Now I can email 1 email and then it gives me this error message if I try to email another email:

The attachment file was created successfully, but there was an error writing it.

If I log out of MYOB and log back in, I can then send 1 email and then it won't send any further emails

Thanks

Jody

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post