Forum Discussion

Tconolan
Partner
5 years ago
Solved

Adding Fields in Report Designer

Hi

I am trying to run a report of fees by client by poscode.

It appears you cant use the postcode field in billing reports. The postcode field does not come up in the available list.

Is there a way to add the postcode field into a billing report or the available list?

Thanks in advance

• Hi Tconolan 

Thats great news.

It is not possible to do ranges on a text field (Postal). 

The like filter can be to show more post codes if similar eg.    Like *28*     This should show all postcodes from 2800 to 2899 but could also accidently include any street numbers with 28 at the start.

The above is the best I can offer.  You may need multiple reports or alternatively export the report to Excel and apply filters there.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Tconolan 

It is not possible to add Postcode to the report but there is a workaround you can use.

If you add the field Postal to the report (which includes the postcode) you could then use a Like filter on this field.

Eg. Like *3000* to find all the clients with a Post code of 3000

I hope this helps. 

Tconolan
      Partner

Hi Nicky

I have tried and it works for one postcode. Is it possible to do a range of post codes eg 2800 to 2899?

nickypic
        Former Staff

Hi Tconolan 

Thats great news.

It is not possible to do ranges on a text field (Postal). 

The like filter can be to show more post codes if similar eg.    Like *28*     This should show all postcodes from 2800 to 2899 but could also accidently include any street numbers with 28 at the start.

The above is the best I can offer.  You may need multiple reports or alternatively export the report to Excel and apply filters there.