Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

MYOB AO - How do I create user accounts for my new staff? (User Name and Password)

Hi,

Any advice on how to create new user accounts in MYOB AO?

Can I create a new Administrator also?

Because of historical reasons, We currently have 4 users created and 1 admin. The user names are office1, 2 etc and now we have 4 new staff. Need new individual accounts.

Regards,

MattN
    5 years ago

Hi ChrisQBYN,

there is no limit to the number of employees or my.MYOB accounts you can create.  However, you can only create my.MYOB accounts for users with an email address (ie: you can't have two users, with the same email address, and different passwords).  

And all employees in AO need to have an email address to log in (unless you don't use Tax, or any of the Live services, such as AO Ledger, Assets Live etc)

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MattN
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ChrisQBYN,

Thanks for your post - and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum - we hope you find it a great resource!

You can create your new employes by following the steps in help topic - Creating a new employee

There is a step by step process, which includes creating a my.MYOB account for the user attached to their email address.  

For users who already have an my.MYOB login, this will grant them access to your system using their existing my.MYOB password.  If the user does not currently have a my.MYOB login and password, this will send them an invite to set one up.

• Thank You. That link also answered my next question in "related..."

A follow up question, do you know how many accounts can be created? Is there a limit? Is this a lisensing restriction?

Regards,

MattN
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ChrisQBYN,

there is no limit to the number of employees or my.MYOB accounts you can create.  However, you can only create my.MYOB accounts for users with an email address (ie: you can't have two users, with the same email address, and different passwords).  

And all employees in AO need to have an email address to log in (unless you don't use Tax, or any of the Live services, such as AO Ledger, Assets Live etc)