Email not working from AccountEdge

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User WRCManager
75 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

75Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Email not working from AccountEdge

Hello there,

Our IT people have been trying to get emailing working from Account Edge.  I'd prefer to use Outlook but it seems MYOB on a Mac is only able to use Macs "Mail".    We have new workstations with all updated Apple software and now emails even using mail as the default email program is not working. 

Emails are being sent out of MYOB without attachments.    Its a real issue for payslips and remittances.

1.  Is there a solution using mail?

2. Better still,  is there a solution using Outlook?

13 REPLIES 13
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Email not working from AccountEdge

Hi @WRCManager

I would recommend making sure that you had AccountEdge 19.1.8. This can be checked via AccountEdge>>About AccountEdge>>Release. An update was recently late last year that corrected email attachments not correctly getting added to users who were running OSX 10.11 El Capitan.  AccountEdge Support Note: Emailing from AccountEdge using Mac OS X 10.11 El Captian would be able to assist with that and explain how to obtain that update.

In terms of Outlook I don't know of any direct errors relating to AccountEdge and Outlook. I would be making sure that you are using the AccountEdge.app saved in Applications or a direct alias of that. Some clients move the AccountEdge.app onto the desktop for example rather than creating an alias which does break the integration options. If you do have the AccountEdge.app in the correct location and opening that app directly or an alias of that do let us know what is going in regards to emailing with Outlook so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

75 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

75Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I am using AccountEdge V 14.5.

Do you have further advice?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @WRCManager

AccountEdge version 14.5 is the latest version number however a patch was developed for that particular version after its release to market which aimed at correcting a few issues that we did have with that version. We issued this update through AccountEdge's new patch based system that allowed for minor updates to be issued without a full version download required. 

If you go to AccountEdge>>About AccountEdge it will indicate what build you are running in the Release section. From memory the initial public release of AccountEdge v14.5 was 19.1.7 and the patch update was released with number 19.1.8. So do check to see what build/release version you are on. If you are on 19.1.8 we recommend that you update to 19.1.8 via the AccountEdge>>Check for updates as per AccountEdge Support Note: Emailing from AccountEdge using Mac OS X 10.11 El Captian 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

75 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

75Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

I really don't get the 14.5 v 19.1   I am not using 19.1...   In saying that, our 14.5 version says release 19.1.6H.

How do I get the patch, and why don't I know about it?

Will this fix emailing usiing Outlook?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @WRCManager

Thank you for that release/build number. You are on an earlier build which many indicate why you are having trouble with your emailing.

In terms of receiving the update, when the update was made available you should have recieved an message indicating on screen that the update was available similar to:

Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 10.52.28 AM.png

From within here you can select the option to Install the update or have it prompt to appear at a later stage or to skip that update. However you see to be on a release number that may not have recieved that prompt, it may have only appeared for 19.1.7 versions. In saying that as mentioned previously Support Note:  Emailing from AccountEdge using Mac OS X 10.11 El Captian would be explain how to obtain that update.

As indicated in the update message (included in screenshot above) the update is aimed at correcting AccountEdge v14.5 intergration with Mac Mail. It may improve email support for other email programs but is not directly aimed at that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

75 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

75Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Firstly, I did not receive any message to update.

Secondly, could you please address my query as to V14 v V19  .    I don't understand.

Thirdly, could you please address my query as to emailing from Outlook.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @WRCManager

1. As mentioned "However you see to be on a release number that may not have receive that prompt, it may have only appeared for 19.1.7 versions."

2. As mentioned AccountEdge has version numbers and build or release numbers. AccountEdge version 14.5 is the latest version number. The build/release number is more of an internal number that corresponds to the build or release version of the program that you are using. 

For example Microsoft Outlook also uses version and build numbers. Just going to use Windows for the example, I know you are using a MAC but the principles are the same. Outlook 2013 is the version number but 15.0.4797.1001 is the build number. This way if there is a very minor update to Outlook rather than releasing a whole new version Microsoft releases a patch to the program. This patch changes the build number rather than the version number. AccountEdge does the same thing, AccountEdge v14.5 is the latest version, 19.1.8 is the latest build number.

3. As mentioned the update is aimed at AccountEdge v14.5 integration with Mac Mail. If you do have trouble with Outlook and AccountEdge we recommend that you install the update to make sure that you are on the latest version and have the AccountEdge.app in the correct location. If you are still experiencing the fact that you are unable to email we would be happy to investigate further for you. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

75 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

75Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven, in future I will look for Build No verus Version No.  I would really appreciate MYOB being very specific about it because one person in myob told me v14 v v19 was to do with a network or online version.  Totally confusing.

I have never been able to use Outlook email with the mac version of MYOB.  

Is that how you expect it?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @WRCManager

In terms of Outlook and using AccountEdge  as stated above you do need to make sure that the AccountEdge.app is located in the correct folder and that if you are moving it out that you create an alias of that. 

I would also make sure that you have Microsoft Outlook for MAC 2011 installed and that you set that as the default email program for your MAC OS. AccountEdge Support Note: Setting your default email program or email address would be able to assist with that

Also do take a look at AccountEdge Support Note: Fixing email issues for possible errors that can occur when emailing from AccountEdge.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post