Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Finalized BAS Report - Incorrect

Hi There,

I have completed and finalised my BAS reporting for lodgement into ATO portal.

I pay PAYG monthly and have realised after the fact that my BAS report was setup as quarterly.

The PAYG amount balances but has been paid throughout the quarter, so amount owing to ATO is pulling through considerably less than my MYOB BAS report.

I have since changed my reporting method for PAYG as monthly, so next quarter will pull through correctly.

BUT is there any way i can amend / delete and redo this current quarter report in MYOB so that my reporting is showing correctly?

Appreciate your help.

Laura

9 REPLIES 9
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: Finalized BAS Report - Incorrect

Hi @Laura9,

Thank you for your post. 

Thank you for expressing your concern to us. In this matter, if after lodging your activity statement, you want to make a change to the details you submitted, you can go to Accounting menu >> Prepare BAS or IAS and click the form that's been lodged. When the form appears, click Revise. You can then make your changes and lodge the form again. Note that you can only make changes if you are within the adjustment period allowed by the ATO

I hope this helps. If you still need more assistance or have other questions or concerns, please contact us again. We are more than happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Laura9
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Celia_B ,

Thanks for getting back to me,

I lodge my BAS/IAS through the ATO portal rather than through MYOB, so when I go into the section you have recommended, there is nothing to revise.
To get my values for BAS / IAS I ran the BAS report and then clicked "finalise".
I am wondering if I can delete the report I have run under "Reporting" - BAS and rerun it to correctly show monthly PAYG rather than quarterly?

I have lodged correctly through ATO, just hoping to get my reporting in MYOB to match.

Appreciate your help,

Laura

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @Laura9,

Thank you for the update. Regarding your concern, the reports in the Payroll Reporting cannot be deleted regardless of whether they have been sent through to the ATO or not. This is for several reasons including audit purposes. If incorrect pay has been deleted or revised, the next pay reported to the ATO in this payroll year will contain the correct information.

You can reach out to us if you need further assistance. We are happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Laura9
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Celia_B ,

My problem is not with the payroll report - it is with the BAS report (Reporting - BAS).

I do not want to delete the BAS Report in its entirety, simply delete the incorrect one and re-run it so that it shows the PAYG section as having being paid monthly rather than quarterly.

when i run my GST Return report for this quarter it shows figures correctly as i have amended the report settings, I just need my "Saved" BAS report in the BAS section of MYOB to correctly show. You mentioned previously that there would be a "Revise" button within this created report, mine only shows "Delete".

Please advise,

Thanks,

Laura

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @Laura9,

Thank you for the update. If you want to redo your BAS without deleting the currently "Saved" report, that will not be possible. If you are keen on updating the amount on the current report, you must delete it and reprocess it. You can check out this Help Article: Lode your activity statement, you can use this as your reference.

If you still need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Laura9,

We hope this message finds you well. We just want to check back with you regarding your concern in finalizing your BAS Report. If you still need further assistance or if you still have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We are happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Laura9
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Celia_B , I was able to delete the saved report and create again to show correct figures.

Appreciate your help!

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @Laura9,

Thank you for the update. It's my pleasure to assist you with your concern and we are glad to know that the issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance or if you have other questions or concerns, please contact us again or create a new post. We are more than happy to help.

We are now closing this case. 

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Davidd2
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

hi @Laura9,

I'm wondering how did you delete a report? 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post