Variance in GST return and GST report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DJade
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Variance in GST return and GST report

Hi, could anyone please kindly advise why there's a variance  between the GST report and GST return? Which figures should I use to report in the BAS?

1.png
2.png
7 REPLIES 7
KG5
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Variance in GST return and GST report

Hi,

Did you get an answer to this question I am having the same issue.  

DJade
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I haven't received any answer for this and still getting the same issue in another file. This need to get fixed asap MYOB.

9.png
8.png
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @DJade and @KG5 

So that I can look into this can you tell me if you have any transactions that include both income and expense accounts? If you go into lodge your activity statements, which amount is prefilled for 1B?

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DJade
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H , I do have transactions with expense account and asset account. My file is not authorised to lodge BAS from MYOB so I can't check for the prefilled figures in 1B.

JosieBaxter
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I'm having this same issue. Did you ever receive a resolution? I can't work out why the 'GST return report' is showing a different figure at 1B, compared to the 'GST report'.

Enough
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I'm having the same issue.  It would be helpful if MYOB would show how an issue was resolved (assuming it was?) 

DJade
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Enough @JosieBaxter , hi, I haven't receive the response from MYOB regarding this but I would recommend you use the figure in the GST report. As I studied, the figure in the GST return is caculated by taking the total purchase and dividing it by 11.

For example in my case, I have some transactions that I allocate as GST but I adjust the tax amount lesser than 10% of the total amount (eg. purchased 11$ allocated with GST, GST supposed to be $1 but I adjusted it to be $0.5). The GST return will report $1 as GST on purchase which is incorrect and the GST report will report $0.5.

On the other hand, if you split the transactions to determine the GST amount and FRE amount, the GST return will report correctly (eg. $5.5 allocated with GST and $5.5 allocated with FRE => $0.5 GST).

That's my case and I think there might be more case which make the variance between the 2 reports. However, hope this will help you to know which report to choose.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post