Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contacts: Individual Payment Terms

kmh
User

15Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
User
Australia

We need to be able to apply Payment Terms to Individual Customers. We suggest for this to be an option to be set up under the customer details.

Currently you can only set the payment terms at a global level and have to change it every time you create an invoice for a customer with different payment terms than what has been set as default.

Can you please look at this asap as this would save time & improve efficiency!

"Individual Payment Terms (customers and suppliers)"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

58 Comments
Debrae0808
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User

I'm responding re MYOB Business where I've just been told my Earl that even a default term is not possible to enter.   

The dashboard figures are rubbish without this feature.

I migrated from AccountRight and spent much time with MYOB learning about anything I would lose.  This was never mentioned and I'm not happy about that.  How can you have any accounting package without supplier "terms"

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi All, we want to express our gratitude for your feedback on this feature. It's essential for improving your workflow, and we're sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding. Rest assured that we will pass along your feedback to the relevant team.

Debrae0808
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User

This post seems to only about individual payment terms.  But what about a default even?

RayNZ
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User

Hi Leneth_A MYOB Moderator

Thank you for your intereset and comment about our patience and understanding.  The requst for this feature was originally posted ELEVEN years ago.  I hope you will finally give us some confidence the points we have put forward for this enhancement might finally result in said enhancement.  I, and I'm sure the other 100 users who have commmented on this can't wait another 11 years.  "Passing it along again to the relevant team" has achieved nothing in the past.  PLEASE, JUST DO IT!

mitch63
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HA! Love that reply Ray. Eleven years to do nothing..MYOB all over. They don't care, not a bit- all you get is weasel words from Moderators.

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi all, we genuinely appreciate you for sharing your feedback with us. We thrive hard to make sure that we provide the best experience for our customers and your feedback helps us. As for the option for individual payment terms, we will make sure to post necessary updates if the feature is released. I apologize that you had a bad experience waiting for this feature to be released, and we appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the process. We will relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team.

If you need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on the Community Forum, Live chat, or send us a private message and we'll be happy to help.

Tony363
3 Posts
User

So if i read into this post that started back in 2012 with so many of the same questions NOTHING HAS CHANGED up to 2024?  as terms was a standard  individual option ( every customer could be on different terms (COD,  7 Days, 30 Days etc) as it was even on stand alone cheap "Just Invoices" from 2003, and it still needs to be changed every time you create and invoice for a customer in new current MYOB 2024?, thank you 

PS why not give a option of  COD, 7, 30days?

@kmh wrote:

We need to be able to apply Payment Terms to Individual Customers. We suggest for this to be an option to be set up under the customer details.

Currently you can only set the payment terms at a global level and have to change it every time you create an invoice for a customer with different payment terms than what has been set as default.

Can you please look at this asap as this would save time & improve efficiency!

"Individual Payment Terms (customers and suppliers)"

mitch63
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Caution: lame response from completely lame "moderator" incoming. They stopped caring over 10 years ago Tony