Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Prepare a Bank deposit feature

1Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
New
New

I would like to see the 'Prepare a Bank Deposit' feature brought into MYOB Essentials.  I have a client who has many Sales invoices of the same value and a lot of his customers pay their invoice online so all these payments sit in Undeposited funds.  The feature 'Automatically match Bank transactions to MYOB bills and invoices' was also ticked so he now has a mess of invoices that have been matched incorrectly and he has created more of a mess trying to 'fix' it.  I think it would be beneficial for him if he could Prepare a Bank deposit and make sure the invoice payments he is picking up aggress to his Online payments report for that day. 

Could we also make the feature 'Automatically match Bank transactions to MYOB bills and invoices' an option to choose rather than a default?

3 Comments
yanzi
1 Post
User

Our bank is not a local bank can use it?

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @MHerdman,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

In this matter, MYOB Essentials does not have a 'Prepare Bank Deposits' feature. You can either do a General Journal. And we want to thank you for using our Idea Exchange Board and sharing your ideas. Our product development team do use the board to gain insight into what our clients want to see of our product. 

With regards to your question on Automatically match bank transactions to MYOB Bills and Invoices, in this matter, bank feeds work by matching transactions from your bank to those recorded in MYOB. It will try to automatically match bank transactions to MYOB transactions. If no automatic match occurs but there are possible matches, you can manually do the matching. You can check out this Help Article: Matching bank transactions, for more information. 

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, feel free to post again. We are happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks, 

Cel

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @yanzi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

In this regards, you can check out this link for the MYOB bank list. 

If you have questions or if you need assistance, feel free to post again. We are happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks, 

Cel