Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Items List - Include Committed and On order columns

Experienced User

39Posts

55Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced User
New
New

Inventory list should have not only SOH but also columns for committed and quantity on order. This would be super helpful instead of having to drill into each item.

Also when entering orders it should show available stock so you know when you have run out of stock.

"Inventory:

19 Comments
JoelNZ
Trusted User
52 Posts
Trusted User

There are reports that help with this issue. But of course just adding the requested columns in the items list would be awesome for quick glance understanding of what is going on with the stock.

I wonder if there is a way of saving these so they just pop up automatically when one opens MYOB? Saving them in your custom reports is a start.

- "Analyse Inventory [Summary]". 

-- Select group by 'location', rather than 'item'. 

-- It provides exactly the quick glance summary we are all asking for on the item list. 

- "Analyse Inventory [Detail".

-- Provides a detailed list per item of yoru PO's to suppliers and customer BO's.

Cheers

Joel

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @JoelNZ 

As usual everyone just wants a column here and a column there etc

that is how MYOB avoid actually doing anything about real improvements in the Users ability to customise all the screens and reports to suit their business operation

The great GODs of programming know all about what we the supplicants/worshippers/tithe payers need to make our business work the best for us..

How could we possibly know what would work best 

I personally believe that they do not have access to the original source coding for the Base modules of MYOB as you would have thought by now they would have matched screen window sizes to the data field sizes.

It has taken years for them to match the field size of the Item number and Name field to allow all of the data to be visible 

But somehow thay cant make the display field size in Primary Supplier For Reorders or the Supplier Item Number big enough to display all the data

Programming 101 for children 

What part of that dont you get 

Its really such a joke but unfortunately it just isnt funny 

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @JoelNZ 

Programming 101 for children 

What part of that dont you get 

Its really such a joke but unfortunately it just isnt funny

I wasnt refering to you in the note above I was refering to the Whole of MYOB as the YOU 

MsBoobear
7 Posts
User

As with previous posters, for businesses who run a lot of stock a Committed column in the Items List is not a want, it is a NEED.  Far too many steps are involved in trying to ascertain stock for order placement.

Never thought I would say this, I miss "Wreckit"; their stock control is far superior to this program

JoelNZ
Trusted User
52 Posts
Trusted User

yeah even Reckon has this simple feature

Claro
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User

How come nobody is listening to our requests. This is super important and we arebeing totally ignored. Nobody is bothered to come back and tell us if and when thay are planning to look into this. Like an earlier post mentioned this is a need not a want. Trust people higher up the chain see this and get cracking. Not holding my breath.......

MsBoobear
7 Posts
User

I have a feeling that they don't actually care, as most of those that pay for the use of the program are not the ones who feel the most frustration at the most simple of functions not being available!

alanwalkeer
1 Post
User

@Claro wrote:

Inventory list should have not only SOH but also columns for committed and quantity on order. This would be super helpful instead of having to drill into each item.

Also when entering orders it should show available stock so you know when you have run out of stock.

"Inventory:

I thought I would find several playlists of metal. But I'm gonna try some anyway Smiley Happy

onevanilla

Global
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have raised this previously along with other simple changes that are important for small business. This is a must-do as it will save valuable staff work time sorting out important order. Should have Committed and On Order columns in the Item List screen. Even a filter for Committed in the Advanced search area would help particularly when you search by certain suppliers. 

Another thing I have a issue with is when you 'BUY', it creates another order for the supplier instead of asking if you wish to merge with an existing PO that hasn't been finalised.