Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Multiple/back up primary supplier

Cover User

3Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

I purchase the same product from multiple suppliers, but I am forced to have multiple inventory for the same item because it will only input the primary supplier’s item number in my purchase order, if I don’t do this it means I risk accidently sending a PO with the wrong item numbers on it, it also means I have the same item multiple times under slightly different names in the inventory register causing all sorts of problems with things such as Auto build and stock takes.

To solve this if you could add multiple suppliers in item information/Buying Details/ and not just a primary supplier, then you could have a total inventory of an Item regardless of where you brought it from, then if MYOB would automatically show the item number belonging to the supplier you have selected on the PO in your printed/emailed copy instead of your own, allowing the supply company to see their codes etc. on their copy.

In addition to this having the ability to input the supplier’s item name and not just item number as I do not use theirs when I sell an item.

Also if once you have chosen the suppliers name in the PO and you go to add an item, it would be nice to have the choice of only displaying items in the drop down box from that supplier and not hundreds of other items not even available from that company.

I am sure you would have to have some way of averaging the cost of a product when you have purchased it from different suppliers at most likely different costs, but at least if the above changes were applied I could actually start using the inventory section of MYOB to its potential and not have it generate more work for myself.

Thanks

"Same Item from multiple suppliers"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thanks for your idea Sabre, we would be happy to look into adding this, to see the demand for this type of feature it would be great to see some votes from the community to show their support.

12 Comments
AdeleKaye
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree.  We also have more than one supplier for many products.  I have used one of the custom fields to note the alternative suppliers so I can see it from the Items List screen.  But we need to be able to record alternative suppliers with the supplier product numbers and standard price.

JJ67
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Once agian it seems a simple problem affects so many. In most cases bussiness's are relying on multiply suppliers, I find most of the time I try to find a work around or just use word to make po for supplier rather then this accounting software you think you could rely on. a common answer I find is just look at one of our partners apps and pay more. you would think a program that creates delivery dockets would have the ability to include the items weights. pff dont be so neive. i really should start going though the idea area more often. but to be honest I dont think they really care.