Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Ability to set a default form for invoices and another for quotes

G_I
Experienced Partner
Experienced Partner

42Posts

55Kudos

0Solutions

42 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

I would like to set one default form for an Item Quote, and a separate default form for an Item Invoice.

In other words:

We have 2 Form Templates - one for quotes - lets call this one "QuoteFormat", and another for invoices - lets call this one "InvoiceFormat". These forms are slightly different

At the moment we have the default set as "QuoteFormat" so that every Item sale by default prints/emails using the "QuoteFormat". Every time we have to send an invoice we need to change the form to "InvoiceFormat". This requires [unnecessary] extra clicks, it's easy to forget to do this, and certainly slows the process down - I use the latest AccountRight Live (2015.2) so it is often quite slow to display the list of available forms.

An additional important benefit to this would be the ability to use the "Save to Disk" feature on Invoices - which CANNOT select a custom form other than the default (Crazy, right??)

If anyone has any ideas, please post them Smiley Happy 

"Separate default forms for (item) Quotes and Invoices"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Hello @G_I

Thank you for the great suggestion for the default quote and invoice settings. We are always wanting new ways to make MYOB more user friendly. I believe this will be a great future to have in future upgrades.

If you would like to see feature in future upgrades please comment and post.

13 Comments
AndrewSimms
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

please provide the ability to choose different templates for quotes and invoices in the customer card file.

some information needed on quotes is not needed on invoices and vice versa. 

for example there is only the field printed form file which links to a template for that customer.

can you make one for quotes and another for invoices?

"different quote and invoice templates in customer card, selling details, printed form field"

albrefrig
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to set a default form for Customer Orders as well if the above feature is implemented.

Karenloc
5 Posts
Cover User

I agree this is very annoying, the only way to save a quote on a quote form is to email to to myself selecting the quote form, and them saving it from the email.  It's not very efficient and still leaves room for error.  I vote for a change to this too.