JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

5,899Posts

0Kudos

165Solutions

Hi all,

We hope you find the MYOB Community Forum an invaluable resource for making business life easier.

Please remember our Forum Forum Help section has lots of information and training videos. Hope you also find the following tips and tricks useful for customising the forum according to your needs.

To access all boards on the forum, you can click on the See All Categories link on the home page underneath the tabbed categories. Wherever you are on the forum you can also use the Go To list to go direct to any board with just two mouse clicks.

Better still, you can use forum bookmarks to get quick access to your favourite boards, including any “hidden” boards that you might be entitled to view. Just open a board you want to bookmark, then choose Bookmark from the Board options drop-down list. These bookmarks will appear at the top of your Go To list for quick and easy access.

You might also like to consider subscribing to your favourite boards. This means you will be emailed whenever there is a new post in the board you are interested in. You can choose to receive these emails immediately, or get daily or weekly digests (you can configure this setting in My Settings). To subscribe to a board, just open a board you want to bookmark, then choose Subscribe from the Board options drop-down list.

You can also subscribe to categories, or individual threads.

Some people say they have difficulty finding their own posts on the Community Forum. The easiest way to quickly and easily return to messages you have posted on the forum is to click on your username. You will see a list of your recent posts. You can click View All to see more. You can also click on the My Posts linkon the front page of the forum underneath your username and avatar.

We recommend you automatically subscribe to any topics you participate in. This ensures you are alerted to any replies to questions you post via an email. The setting is the first under the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab in My Settings.

The Recent Topics page shows all the latest threads on the Community Forum, with the most recently posted at the top. However, if you are a regular forum visitor you might find the Unread Discussions page even more helpful. This page shows you all the messages that have been posted that you have not viewed yet, with the most recent at the top.

Some people say they preferred the old date format that showed the full date and time rather than something like “two hours ago”, “yesterday” or “Friday”. You can change the date format to the format that you prefer. If you want to go back to the old format, click on My Settings, go to the Preferences tab, Click on Display, and then uncheck the box that says "Use relative dates (three hours ago)".

I hope these suggestions prove helpful to you. If you would like more help using the Community Forum or have any feedback, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager