Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contacts: Individual Payment Terms

kmh
User

15Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
User
Australia

We need to be able to apply Payment Terms to Individual Customers. We suggest for this to be an option to be set up under the customer details.

Currently you can only set the payment terms at a global level and have to change it every time you create an invoice for a customer with different payment terms than what has been set as default.

Can you please look at this asap as this would save time & improve efficiency!

"Individual Payment Terms (customers and suppliers)"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

56 Comments
StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff

HEATHZ
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Would love to be able to set up different customers and suppliers with different payment terms. It's a real hassle just having one length of time across the board!
Montyburns
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

How about turning off the FORCE to Number in the Payment Terms field so wee can also add free entry text..  Like Due On Receipt.. or 50% Deposit.

HEATHZ
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would make life so much easier if MYOB either went back to the way that it was previously in that when you entered a supplier or customer invoice it would automatically set the day due as the same date as the date of the invoice instead of randomly guessing and pulling dates out of MYOB's you know what or IDEALLY if you could go into the  customer and supplier screens and add the terms when you are setting the customer/supplier up so it could be a certain number of days or end of following month.  Currently myob guesses whatever has been used for the last customer and tries to apply it to each future customer which unless you are real savy you can end up giving a cash customer a 30 day account and the supplier invoices are just a guess of one calendar month from today's date not even a calendar month from the date of the invoice you are inputting, how silly.

SonicSecurity
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So I'm not seeing things!!! 
I was entering 3 new invoices and dated them for this Sunday. 
Well..........the Due date instead of calculating 14 days as per the terms of the invoice, it was pulling random dates out of its silicone rear and after the third invoice it was then due in November. 

tsk tsk tsk, a piece of code that can't calculate dates. *sigh*

HEATHZ
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Wait for it, there's a generic response from the myob team coming, just like the other how ever many issues I've posted about since the UPGRADE lol this software is doing my head in

seachange
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

No doubt...

HEATHZ
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

That would be fantastic, please tell me how we use that on an ipad whilst being a MOBILE business that needs to do invoices up on the fly and get them sent to customer immediately to pay via eftpos? All good, once end of quarter happens I will be going to xero which offers everything but on a cloud base with no compromise on quality. Why should I have to go to amore comprehensive accounting package with myob when the previous liveaccounts was doing EVERYTHING I needed until you did the lousy update and stuffed it all. Can't you see how many displeased customers you have?

billy2810HAZ
1 Post
User

Nokia couldn't catch up with Apple, you guys are No Nokia so please fix those issues

derekaw
6 Posts
Cover User

I agree, please allow the default payment term to be overridden with a per customer payment term located on the customer page.