1 Post
User
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AR 2020.2 stuck in back-up process

I am the only user for one of my client's company files.  I set a backup to run and left my computer for a while.  When I came back it looked like it had finished the backup ok,  but when I try to access the file, I get a message to say the backup is still in progress.  When I check the online file, its status is "Backing Up", which is confusing because I am currently looking at the "Welcome to AccountRight" screen.

The file seems to be stuck in the backup process and I can no longer access it.

I hope someone can help.

Ann

22 REPLIES 22
MYOB Moderator
38,352 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,352Posts

5,223Kudos

5,634Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: AR 2020.2 stuck in back-up process

Hi @AnnP1 

I've arranged for the company file to be reset back to Active. As an added precaution I've also run another script which can aid with backups of online files.

From your end, you should be able to access that company file as intended going forward. Although, I would recommend doing a backup through File>>Backup.

Let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner
13 Posts
Partner
Partner

13Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much Steven.

All good now.

Regards

Ann

1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Can we do it ourselves, our MYOB has stuck as well since lastnight with status as "backing up"

MYOB Moderator
38,352 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,352Posts

5,223Kudos

5,634Solutions

Hi @shivanip 

I understand that you have since spoken with our phone-based team who have appeared to reset that company file back to active for you.

If you do require further assistance with regards to this or future enquires don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner
13 Posts
Partner
Partner

13Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

@shivanip wrote:

Hi

Can we do it ourselves, our MYOB has stuck as well since lastnight with status as "backing up"

It would be very helpful since it seems to be a problem with the current version. 

I have 9 clients using MYOB.  I hate to think how many times a week this could potentially happen. 

Partner
13 Posts
Partner
Partner

13Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @AnnP1 

I've arranged for the company file to be reset back to Active. As an added precaution I've also run another script which can aid with backups of online files.

From your end, you should be able to access that company file as intended going forward. Although, I would recommend doing a backup through File>>Backup.

Let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Hi Steven, 

It has happened again with a different client. 

All users are now locked out and wait time on the phone is over an hour. 

Can you help please?  Urgent. 

Ann

MYOB Moderator
38,352 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,352Posts

5,223Kudos

5,634Solutions

Hi @Ann01 

So we can arrange for the necessary company file to be reset back to active can you send me a private message on this Forum with ideally the serial number of the company file. If that is not known the company file name.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner
13 Posts
Partner
Partner

13Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @Ann01 

So we can arrange for the necessary company file to be reset back to active can you send me a private message on this Forum with ideally the serial number of the company file. If that is not known the company file name.

Thanks Steven, 

It was urgent so I had it done by phone yesterday. 

Is there any way I can do this myself? I am a bookkeeper with 8 clients.  This has now happened twice in the last week. Going forward I can see this becoming a huge headache. 

Also,  I understand why we now have to make sure users are not active whilst a back up is taking place but can you see that changing in the future?  This is another headache, having to ring around to multiple people before a backup can be done.  I have one client with 4-5 users all at different sites meaning a call to each one of them every day and I cannot schedule a time with them to backup as they all work different hours,  as do I.

Regards
Ann
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I am having the same issue. Backup freezes then the file is locked. Only way to get it sorted is to ring MYOB to make the file active. This is a ridiculous fault in your system. People have been doing backups since computers were invented. Surely you can get a simple concept like backup to work.

I am staring at a frozen progress bar for hours. At least before this upgrade you could use task manager to end the task and reopen the file. The thought of ringing you and being on hold for an hour just to gain access to my file is almost too much to bear. 

Weekend are particularly bad. Most Saturdays backup freezes. We are simply backing up to our local hard drive. how hard can it be to get this right?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post