Multiple users for MYOB Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NevilGORentals
2 Posts
User
New Zealand

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Multiple users for MYOB Payroll

We are looking at ways to split our payroll for waged and salaried staff. Currently have 140 employees on the payroll - appx 100 are waged and appx 40 on salary.

We want to look to add an extra payroll user profile in MYOB Payroll who can do payroll for waged staff only but not have access to the salary staff. AccountRight can have multiple users with different settings available to them so that they can only view certain things. Eg: Sales person can only access Sales & Stock. Same way, we want to create an additional user for MYOB Payroll which only has access to certain employees for processing payroll.

Our MYOB Payroll version at the moment is 2014.2

Thanks,

Nevil@gorentals.co.nz 

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,478 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,478Posts

5,484Kudos

5,976Solutions

Re: Multiple users for MYOB Payroll

Hi @NevilGORentals

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Unlike AccountRight, MYOB Payroll is designed to be a single user program. This does mean that you are unable to create a second user. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,674 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,674Posts

1,152Kudos

334Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Multiple users for MYOB Payroll

Hi there @NevilGORentals 

I have had 1 client do this via different payroll data files, then consolidate the files into a third file for PAYE purposes. Its a bit messy but works. However it will depend on your licensing - if you have the "old" license where you were entitled to 5 data files, then you could try this. If your license is more recent you will only have a license for 1 data file, so this would need purchase of more licenses to try this out.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post