Paying schedular payments in New Zealand

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
DbMajor
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Paying schedular payments in New Zealand

Hi there,

I have MYOB essentials with payroll for one and I intend on using that payroll license for my own pay where I am liable for superannuation and PAYE etc.

I also have to pay 5 or so contractors schedular payments, which I have now learned need withholding tax deducted. (this rule has changed since I last ran a company back in 2009

Do I need to upgrade my subscription to include payroll for these people as well or has anybody had any luck doing this manually?

Secondly, if the answer is manually, is it worth the hassle for the sake of $15?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Josh
1 REPLY 1
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,427 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,427Posts

1,004Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Paying schedular payments in New Zealand

Hi @DbMajor

Essentials payroll on it's own comes with 5 employees - so I'm assuming you are using Essentials Accounting with the option on 1 employee. You can increase your subscription to Essentials Accounting with payroll which includes up to 5 employees - then any over this number will be charged at $1.00 per employee per pay. In Payroll you add those employees with the tax code WT and put in the 20% with holding tax required - unless they have a certificate varying that rate.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post