82% Price increases due to discount removal on multiple accounts MYOB AccountRight

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tjaltjraak1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

82% Price increases due to discount removal on multiple accounts MYOB AccountRight

Disappointed that we are having another price increase by stealth from MYOB. 

We are a not for profit with mulitple accounts and received up to now a substantial discount on our 2nd and further accounts.  We have just been informed that the discount is removed and we will start paying full price $136 per month for all our accounts from 1 June 2023.  This means that for each account we pay a total of $1632 a year. 

Our accounting software is going from a cost of  $3,576 a year to $6,528 per year, an astounding 82% price increase.  

Unfortunately that forces us to have to start looking for a cheaper solution for our accounting software.

8 REPLIES 8
GateGirl
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: 82% Price increases due to discount removal on multiple accounts MYOB AccountRight

I agree!

Its been marketed as giving us more choice as to what account type we are on, so saving money if we don't use features.

However, if you had a company that was using all features, but now, nearing retirement is a quiet little 2 man operation, you can't downgrade to the features you use, because you USED to use payroll etc...

This is madness.

Another price gouging technique from MYOB. Seriously. You are just hoping we are all too busy or apathetic, to bother learning a different accounting software?

And if I get another advert from MYOB for a feature I don't want, while I am trying to work..... grrrrr   and if it keeps coming up even if I tick 'got that don't show me again' double grrrrrr. So many reasons to hate MYOB.

@Tjaltjraak1 wrote:

Disappointed that we are having another price increase by stealth from MYOB. 

We are a not for profit with mulitple accounts and received up to now a substantial discount on our 2nd and further accounts.  We have just been informed that the discount is removed and we will start paying full price $136 per month for all our accounts from 1 June 2023.  This means that for each account we pay a total of $1632 a year. 

Our accounting software is going from a cost of  $3,576 a year to $6,528 per year, an astounding 82% price increase.  

Unfortunately that forces us to have to start looking for a cheaper solution for our accounting software.

Tjaltjraak1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: 82% Price increases due to discount removal on multiple accounts MYOB AccountRight

Yes fully agree, once you are used to a higher version, it is really hard to downgrade. I have worked with MYOB Essentials in the past and it is very limited, especially if you want to do full reporting and the ability to analyse financial reports.

Tony353
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I fully agree. I've used MYOB for 20 years plus and have lots of small companies. I've gone from owning the software outright with up to 10 companies under the one license to individual licenses online where I no longer seem to own anything. At least up to now there was a 60% reduction for all of the additional ones. Now they are removing the discount and I cannot afford such a huge increase - virtually no notice either.

I've just checked with an accountant colleague who uses Xero. It seems the same features are available on xero for $59 standard subscription. So I will be moving everything across to xero. I've been tempted before but never did it out of a sense of loyalty to MYOB and inertia - but they've really sent me off with their actions this time. Even more annoying they are still advertising accountright on their website for $54.40. Very misleading.

Frankly I think they are losing market share and are trying to gouge their remaining customer base while trying to attract in new customers with deceptive conduct. I'm out.

PriyaSelvaraj
MYOB Moderator
311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

311Posts

50Kudos

16Solutions

Hi @GateGirl ,

Thanks for raising this concern.

Apologies for the impact and  for any inconvenience.

We do offer downgrade to lower version of account right but these could be data and features enabled in the file.

You can raise a migration request via the form provided below and if the attempt is successful it will downgraded to lower version.

Update to the AccountRight additional file discount - What do I need to do? | MYOB

Alternatively, please check the below link to compare other solutions that might be suit your business needs

Update to the AccountRight additional file discount - MYOB plans | MYOB

If any further clarification is required please let us know.

Regards

Priya

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Tjaltjraak1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

First thing I did was have a look at Xero as everyone is always recommending this software.  It also integrates far better with other debit card and time keeping programs we have, where there is little to no integration with MYOB and no suitable alternatives available. Another bug bear of mine, the bad integration of MYOB with applictions.

Indeed their accounting software package is cheaper, but be aware if you have payroll you need to purchase an additional module to run payroll. Our organisation has three entities running a payroll and two of the entities can have 50-100 people on payroll.  Just the payroll module was $190 per month for a payroll of 50-100, lower number of employees only slightly cheaper.  This would work out much dearer than MYOB. 

I have used Xero in the past and never liked their reporting module, sufficient if you are a small business and have your accountant doing all the reporting, but not suitable for our organisation, where we set up our own Financial Statements and use indepth reports for financial and business analysis etc.

My next move is to look at ERP software and see if this can offer us other options for our organisation besides accounting software, which would make it worth the additional cost.

Tjaltjraak1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks but I had a look at this, but none of the downgraded version are suitable for us as we job code almost all entries, be it invoices, sales and payroll,

@PriyaSelvaraj wrote:

Hi @GateGirl ,

Thanks for raising this concern.

Apologies for the impact and  for any inconvenience.

We do offer downgrade to lower version of account right but these could be data and features enabled in the file.

You can raise a migration request via the form provided below and if the attempt is successful it will downgraded to lower version.

Update to the AccountRight additional file discount - What do I need to do? | MYOB

Alternatively, please check the below link to compare other solutions that might be suit your business needs

Update to the AccountRight additional file discount - MYOB plans | MYOB

If any further clarification is required please let us know.

Regards

Priya

this is only available in the higher versions.

TRT
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

My MYOB HAS GONE FROM $152 TO $27× I  24 MONTHS!!

I am appalled at this.

@Tony353 wrote:

I fully agree. I've used MYOB for 20 years plus and have lots of small companies. I've gone from owning the software outright with up to 10 companies under the one license to individual licenses online where I no longer seem to own anything. At least up to now there was a 60% reduction for all of the additional ones. Now they are removing the discount and I cannot afford such a huge increase - virtually no notice either.

I've just checked with an accountant colleague who uses Xero. It seems the same features are available on xero for $59 standard subscription. So I will be moving everything across to xero. I've been tempted before but never did it out of a sense of loyalty to MYOB and inertia - but they've really sent me off with their actions this time. Even more annoying they are still advertising accountright on their website for $54.40. Very misleading.

Frankly I think they are losing market share and are trying to gouge their remaining customer base while trying to attract in new customers with deceptive conduct. I'm out.

It is another way for a large company to screw a small business its not like they are offering customer service or anything it's simply just a money grab and thanks to the government who demands the use if software to report we have know choice and they know it

Tony353
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

The only compulsory part is the payroll module and this is available from multiple vendors including MYOB for $10 per month. I’m going to break out the Payroll as a stand-alone at $10 and then use Xero for I think $59. Just waiting to complete end of financial year and then set up the various companies on Xero from 1 July. Admittedly it will no longer be fully integrated, but I’ll just post a summary every month that takes 15 minutes extra to do. I can’t understand why MYOB would do such a thing to their business. My accountant tells me that he has seen many clients switch to Xero and none have gone back, whereas those that went over to MYOB had a good percentage moved back to Xero.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post