Forum Discussion

Webb1
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Supplier Discounts

Hi

We have a supplier that gives us a discount if we pay on time.  Sometimes this works well and other times it doesn't.  Trying to get to the bottom of the problem so it works properly all the time.  At the end of November we went to pay the supplier and the discounts showed up as they should and the invoices to be paid were reduced by the amount that they were needed to be.  All good so far then we go to process the payment and it will only allocate 2 of the 3 discounts, leaving the 3rd discount sitting on the payables report as outstanding.

I did go in and reverse the whole payment and assoicated invoices/journals that happen when discounts are issued and then tried to do the payment again but it still only insists on doing 2 debit memos instead of 3.  I thought maybe because the 3rd invoice was dated the 30th that it could have been the problem, so changed the date to the 29th, but this still hasn't fixed the problem. I have attached a screen shot of my problem

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening.

Thanks

Lisa

• Hi Webb1 

For the discount to be applied with a payment you need to pay off the invoice in full.

In your case, the last invoice the amount is $48,967.59 with the payment of that invoice being $48,967.58 As the payment doesn't pay off the full invoice (1 cent short) the discount is not applied.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Webb1 

For the discount to be applied with a payment you need to pay off the invoice in full.

In your case, the last invoice the amount is $48,967.59 with the payment of that invoice being $48,967.58 As the payment doesn't pay off the full invoice (1 cent short) the discount is not applied.

Webb1
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven

Do you know how many times I have looked at that, of course it all makes sense now.

Thanks

Lisa