Myob Accountright Server Edition - New Upgrade 17th Mar 2022

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NotHappy1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Myob Accountright Server Edition - New Upgrade 17th Mar 2022

We run the SE Accountright Local, not cloud version.  We have been experiencing trouble each time we need to load a new version onto our server as the API doesn't install correctly.

Previously if we didn't install the new version our payroll wouldn't go to the ATO via STP.  Is it necessary to install each upgrade when released as due to the problems with our server and the Myob API we require our IT/3rd party to correct when there are problems and this is charged to us.

We just sorted the 2022.1 release yesterday on our server which allows us to import figures into Myob, now today I have just received an email to say that version 2022.2 has been released and needs to be installed by 22nd March 2022.

Myob have been saying for a very long time that people using the Server Edition need to instal the upgrades manually and they will be made to automatic updates like the PC edition soon, well how much longer do we need to wait and be put to the expense of loading these upgrades manually when there are known problems with loading the API.

The time wasted waiting on the phone for someone to assist with the API failure messages, then to be just told we need our IT people who manage the server to check things is absolutely ridiculous.

I have completed today's payroll and checked that the STP with the ATO reported balances, which is does, but will my weekly payrolls continue to go through to the ATO each week if we don't load this new 2022.2 upgrade?

There seems to be no online support available to ask a question directly to an operator and I've just attempted to ring and there is a 75 minute minimum wait!

Year's ago as we were running Premier, when you rang support and entered your serial number the fact that you were using and being charged for Premier you got connected to a service operator relatively quickly, but for the last few years the service/support is absolutely appalling.

Any assistance appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Myob Accountright Server Edition - New Upgrade 17th Mar 2022

Hi @NotHappy1 

You wrote 'now today I have just received an email to say that version 2022.2 has been released and needs to be installed by 22nd March 2022.' 

You don't mention who sent you this email, I am guessing MYOB. There is not usually a deadline for installing an update - unless your file is online. If your file is online, MYOB force users to update by a nominated date. If your company file is offline (local), it is unlikely this deadline applies. I suggest you re-read the email and perhaps post the relevant bit here if unsure.

STP should continue to function in AR2022.1

Your comments about the API and service etc are valid concerns and I hope a moderator gets back to you with something other than standard scripted responses.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @NotHappy1 

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble getting through to our phone based teams. We do also provide support via Live Chat and here on the Community Forum.

To clarify on the email you received regarding the latest release, 2021.8 is being decommissioned on the 22 March 2022. This means that if you have an online file on 2021.8 it will need to upgraded prior to the 22 March 2022 to continue using the file. Decommissioning only impacts online file access, you can still continue to use your company file after the scheduled date of decommissioning offline (locally or your local network).

You can continue to report payroll through STP Phase 1 on 2022.1. If you receive errors when reporting STP please don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to help with those errors.

Getting ready for STP Phase 2

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

NotHappy1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

This is the email I received Thu 17th Mar, with the subject:  MYOB Accountright / Upgrade Required.

As I mentioned in above post, previously when we have received messages to update and we haven't, our payroll doesn't report to the ATO.

Email received from Myob Thu 17th Mar 3.39pm.jpg

Email received from Myob Thu 17th Mar 3.39pm..jpg
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @NotHappy1 

If you wish to start reporting STP Phase 2 and use the new Employee onboarding feature you will need to upgrade to 2022.2. If you are happy to not use either of those features yet you can stay on 2022.1 as we have an STP Phase 2 deferral until the 1 January 2023.

Not upgrading your file to the latest version won't affect STP reporting. If you are having problems with STP please do send us screenshots of the error messages so that we can assist.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Julie-G
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi - the MYOB advice here seems to be incorrect.

We run the Server Edition also and are totally over the regular upgrades and the IT requirements to put them through.

Without putting through the forced upgrades however, when we try to lodge our STP reports we are given the message:

AccountRight needs updating

A new version of AccountRight is available.

Please update your software prior to accessing your online file.

No matter what we try, we are unable to lodge the ATO reports without putting the upgrade through.

NotHappy1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I read the answer to my post above and it appears this is definately a fault as without updating to the new versions it stops any payroll records being sent through to the ATO, hence why I needed to continually have our Server updated and all PC's.

On the 27th April I received yet another email (attached) which says if you use AccountRight in a network acrosss one or more workstations, you can now access automatic updates.  I requested approval to have this upgrade put onto our Server and all PC's thinking finally the problem is fixed and any future updates will be automatically loaded.

Once we had 2022.3 installed I tried to find out if there was anything I needed to apply to the Pc's to receive these automatic updates and couldn't see anything so I rang support.  The operator started by saying "No if you are running AccountRight local (not on the cloud) you don't get automatic updates, when I read him the email I was sent he then changed his mind and said I needed to load our program onto the Cloud, make some changes to apply STP2 and auto updates.  I asked if I did this wouldn't we have to continue, from that point on,  always using AccountRight Cloud and he replied 'No'. **I haven't done this as it doesn't seem correct to me and would like a Myob consultant with very sound knowledge in Servers and Payroll to contact me with specific instructions.

Then Today (12 May 2022) I receive another email (attached) stating MYOB AccountRight 2022.4 is coming next week, and with it, automatic updates - an exciting new feature if you're using AccountRight on a network!!

Why was I sent the email on 27th April saying to update the Server Edition to 2022.3 saying then no more manual installations will be required, and now today to receive another email saying to update to 2022.4 to receive automatic updates?

We DO NOT run AccountRight in the cloud, are either of these updates for companies like us or are they only for companies using AccountRight in the cloud?

Is it even possible running AccountRight through a Server to receive automatic updates when running local (not Cloud)? 

Also is it possible to run AccountRight Local and upgrade to STP Phase 2 or is Phase 2 only going to be accessible through using AccountRight Cloud and not local at all?

Can Myob please reply to this and email me with a reply email, as I just do not have the time to wait on the support line to receice very conflicting/confusing answers.

I'm very interested to know if there are other companies having the same problems when using Local and not Cloud versions of AccountRight.

Thanks.

cramptons
Experienced Cover User
152 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

152Posts

39Kudos

1Solutions

We also do not run our AccountRight on the cloud, only on our computer Network.

We do not wish to put our file online in order to use the STP Phase 2.

We Managed to operate the first Phase of STP without going online - so why not Phase 2???

NotHappy1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Exactly my point, we do not want to put our file online either, we also have STP Phase 1 working fine but understand by the end of 2022 we need to be running STP Phase 2, for ATO requirements.

I really want a straight out answer from Myob as to why running AccountRight "local" the updates don't seem to work automatically when they send emails to us stating they will if we instal the update onto our Server/Pc's, and whether STP Phase 2 can be applied to files not using Cloud versions.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Julie-G  @NotHappy1 and @cramptons 

To clarify STP and AccountRight updates on Server Edition/network:

• you do not need to update the version of AccountRight to continue lodging STP Phase 1
  • to move to STP Phase 2 company files need to be online, this is due to changes in ATO security requirements
  • automatic updates for the Server Edition are available in 2022.4. More information will be available about these changes, including online help links, once AccountRight 2022.4 is available.

@Julie-G the message you are getting when trying to lodge STP is referring to an online file. Can you send me the last FOUR digits of the serial number and Company file ID (Help>>About MYOB AccountRight) so that I can look into this for you. Do you have the PC edition installed on any workstations?

@NotHappy1 we staggered the roll out of automatic updates to a small group of Server Edition users in 2022.3 with general availability in 2022.4. Based on the email you received on 27/04 it looks like you were among those users and could have installed automatic updates by clicking on the Download now link.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post