wrong payg

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BAW3218
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

wrong payg

i processed the staffs pay today and for one of the staff their payg was incorrect but all the rest were right. does anyone know why this has happened ??

3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Re: wrong payg

Hi @BAW3218 

Most likely due to an incorrect setting in your MYOB file. When calculating PAYG the outcome depends on what tax table the user is attached to, what payroll categories are used and whether they are set as exempt from PAYG or not, what pay frequency they are on, etc. For example if the employee has a student loan, the repayment thresholds have changed as at 1 July and this employee may now be required to make extra repayments, or may no longer need to make repayments.

If you want a more meaningful response you will need to provide more information, including the amounts and why you think the PAYG is wrong. What are you comparing it against?

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
BAW3218
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for your responce. It has only happened this week and to only one employee. I am comparing it to all the other weeks of payroll that i have done and NAT 1005 weekly tax table. I have not changed any settings and the employee dosent have loans etc

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @BAW3218 

I'm wondering have you since found the cause? 

If not, I'd suggest please first double check that the correct tax tables are used: go to Setup > General Payroll Information, is the tax table revision date current? If not, please update to the latest version of AccountRight. 

If the tax table is current, I'd suggest using ATO's tax withheld calculator to run the figures for this employee, then compare to the figure in AccountRight. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post