Column width is not retained in Items List; and Last Cost Incl. keep returning even though removed.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Column width is not retained in Items List; and Last Cost Incl. keep returning even though removed.

I open the Items List; select Column Chooser and select only the columns I want to display.

I then right click and choose 'Best Fit all columns' 

When I close and reopen the screen (Items List), the column "Last Cost Incl." is displaying in the list of columns even though it was not selected previously.  The Item number column and the Name Column are squashed so that the contents of the columns cannot be read without moving them manually or selecting Best fit again.

I believe this is caused by the added column returning.  Item number is the first column, Name is the second.

Is there anyway to stop "Last Cost Incl." from returning to the list of displayed columns?  and retaining the width of each column as previously selected?

I have added a word document with screen shots.

9 REPLIES 9
KWV
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Column width is not retained in Items List; and Last Cost Incl. keep returning even though removed.

I have the same issue. I need to customise this list and cannot do it.

Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Column width is not retained in Items List; and Last Cost Incl. keep returning even though removed.

I am really struggling with having to remove this column and resize the other columns everytime I open this screen.  This is one of my most used screens.

Can this please be fixed?

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Altec , @KWV 

Apologies for the delay in response.

With regards to resizing problem, if you want the width size to be remembered, please follow the steps given:

1. Open AccountRight
2. Open the Items List window
3. Adjust the column widths as desired
4. Do not record. leave this on screen

Now
6. Open the run box on windows by pressing Windows Key + R together
7. In the box type %localappdata% and press Enter

8. A list of folders appear, Navigate through MYOB>AccountRight>Current>Layouts

This list of .xml files store the settings for the layouts. These are currently not updating as intended.
We can freeze, to the setting currently on screen in AccountRight, by setting these files as read-only.

9. Right-click on the appropriate .xml file, choose properties.

GridExtras.InventoryItemList.grdvItemsListAllItemsTab

Note the naming convention should help you determine the correct .xml file for the screen you are in AccountRight

10. Tick the Read-only box and click OK.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

I was so excited to get your reply and tried this straight away.

Unfortunately it doesn't work.

I've tried a few different things - closing the session and reopening after making the change etc. but it doesn't make any difference.

I didn't have any trouble following your instructions, so I expect I have done what you said, but it just didn't work.

Is there any script to completely get rid of the "last cost Indicator" altogether maybe? 

I've worked out that if I group by that field, then click on the group "last cost incl.:Yes" the screen is perfect.  But it doesn't hold this layout either and doing this is no quicker really, so I'm no further advanced.

Any other suggestions?

KWV
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Altec 

thank you for your instructions.

i have followed the instructions but it does not seem to solve the issue.

last cost column and column width still show as the original.

regards

kwv

Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Hi   @KWV    Hopefully tagging @komal_s  will get a further response -  

as this is the MYOB person who provided a proposed solution, I am the end user with the issue.

And yes you are correct, their solution did not resolve the problem.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Altec , @KWV 

I have just tried this again and the column width is being retained, can you please turn all the following layouts to read-only and check if the width then retains for you :

Grid.InventoryItemList.grdvItemsListAllItemsTab

Grid.InventoryItemList.grdvItemsListBoughtItemsTab

Grid.InventoryItemList.grdvItemsListInventoriedItemsTab

Grid.InventoryItemList.grdvItemsListSoldItemsTab

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

KWV
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

HI @Komal_S 

i have set the 4 mention file to read only and still the same layout come with the last cost included.

can you issue an update from your end so we can have this facilty working. Last cost needs to be optional and not a fixed column.

look forward for a positive reply.

regards

kwv

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @KWV 

Apologies, the workaround I mentioned was for retaining the column widths for specific columns. The columns cannot be removed permanently from view at this stage and is something that might be introduced in future releases.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post