Help with adding inventory locations

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HapkidoGuy
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Help with adding inventory locations

Good afternoon all. I have just started a new job & the company uses MYOB for parts inventory & sales, as well as accounting. I have never used MYOB before & my point of frustration is that when I  go to the inquiry screen, the location doesn't show. Please see attached file. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to add this at the front page of the inquiry screen. If possible I want to add it in directly under "quantitiy on hand" field. I would also like to know how to get the location to show on invoices, so taht when I go to pick the parts for the customer I'm not always relying on memory to find the parts.

I look forward to your response.

Rgeards,

Greg 

Inventory screen.png
7 REPLIES 7
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Help with adding inventory locations

Hi @HapkidoGuy

Thanks for reaching out. 

Currently, the application will only show you the location tab inside the item if locations have already been set. Here is the help article Multiple inventory locations. Also, the location tab won't be showing inside the profile tab but will have a separate tab. The location also can't be found inside the invoicing tab. Rest assured we will raise this concern with our development team. 

If you have any other concerns or questions feel free to let us know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

HapkidoGuy
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Genreve. Unfortuantely, that information is not helpful to me. From a parts inventory & invoicing perspective there are certain functions that I really need in order to function proprtly in my role. I need to be able to see the part location without having to click on tabs & change screens, and when I generate a quote/picking ticket/invoice, I NEED to be able to see the part locations of each item on the slip/invoice. If I generate a 20-30 line invoice or picking slip, I can't just keep running back to the computer to check each location individually. Surely there must be a way to set this up so that I can see them all on the paperwork?

Forgive me if I seem a little frustrated, but I'm used to programs have these functions easily accessible, The minimum level for restocking alert" function could possibly assist, but I'm not sure. I've been using Reynolds & Reynolds for many years & these funcions are standard issue.

@Genreve_S wrote:

Hi @HapkidoGuy

Thanks for reaching out. 

Currently, the application will only show you the location tab inside the item if locations have already been set. Here is the help article Multiple inventory locations.

@Genreve_S wrote:

Hi @HapkidoGuy

Thanks for reaching out. 

Currently, the application will only show you the location tab inside the item if locations have already been set. Here is the help article Multiple inventory locations. Also, the location tab won't be showing inside the profile tab but will have a separate tab. The location also can't be found inside the invoicing tab. Rest assured we will raise this concern with our development team. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Cheers, 

Genreve

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @HapkidoGuy

Thank you for voicing your concern.

I understand how this would make your job more convenient. Currently, this feature is setup differently than what you expected. We are constantly working on trying to improve our application's experience. Rest assured this would be raised with the appropriate team. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

HapkidoGuy
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello again Genreve,

Here is an example of what I am used to. This layout will prove invaluable in terms of the pick/pack/despatch side of things here as well as the quoting process. Having the location of the parts on the quote/picking slip/invoice will speed up the processes here by at least 30-40%. That allows ,e more time to allocate to other tasks. Is it something that is acheivable with MYOB? Please see attached

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,864 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,864Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @HapkidoGuy , if I may add a comment, on that invoice, the location looks like a bin location. AccountRight's locations are primarily used as warehouse locations. 

AccountRight is an extremely small basic system compared to R&R, which is a full-blown highest-quality ERP system for the motor vehicle industry, where parts management is incredibly complex. You cannot expect to find the features you are used to anywhere, either in product or on the road map. 

For fully featured distribution management, only MYOB Advanced would come anywhere close, at a price of course. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

HapkidoGuy
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Mike_James Thanks for your response. I was hoping that it might be possible, as I am coming into a parts warehouse that is in desperate need of a complete overhaul, & the system itself seems to do about half of what I need. It looks like I'll have to gather more information to present a case to management for an upgrade. Thanks again for your help in this,

Kind regards,

Greg

Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
747 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

747Posts

26Kudos

40Solutions

Hello, @HapkidoGuy I totally understand your concern regarding this, and we appreciate you for raising this suggestion.

As much as we want to further assist you in your inquiry, this is subject to be transferred to our dedicated team for product ideas.

Thank you very much, Greg. 

Regards,

Hannah 

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post