Item Export Data Corrupt - Recurring Issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
_Zentra
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Item Export Data Corrupt - Recurring Issue

Can anyone assist with this issue occuring again?  See thread 'Item Export Data Corrupt' for further info. No tabs located in data to push info into the incorrect columns, it is just exporting data incorrectly.  Any help would be muchly appreciated as trying to complete a full price check.

See screenshots below:

Exported Data:

Export 13-07-22.png

MYOB Data:

17001BT 13-07-22.png17001CT 13-07-22.png17001DT 13-07-22.png

Export Data:

Export 13-07-22 (2).png

MYOB Data:

14052 13-07-22.png14054 13-07-22.png14066 13-07-22.png

6 REPLIES 6
tbaalham
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Item Export Data Corrupt - Recurring Issue

Hey @_Zentra just letting you know, your screen shots don't seem to be visible, at least not to me. Also cannot locate the thread you mentioned. Good luck!

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @_Zentra 

As mentioned by @tbaalham , the images are blocked (until a moderator reviews and clears them). So difficult to know exact cause of the issue. Most likely cause is the Description field. Some fields such as Description allow a user to enter a 'new line' or a carriage return. This looks fine on screen however is known to mess exports. In the export file this new line causes a new line, throwing all subsequent columns out.

If this is the cause, try exporting without and field that causes this issue.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
_Zentra
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 and @tbaalham ,

Thanks for your reply. It doesn't appear to be description issue as data is exporting to correct columns, just in the incorrect fields. I did have this as a solution previously (https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Item-Export-Data-Corrupt-Possible-Cau...) but unfortuately is not the case for this one. I did try exporting without extended description and same issue occurs.

Previously, I have had a script run over the file and this has helped, but so far no contact from MYOB to assist with this. The only other option was a third party report (https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Item-Export-Data-Corrupt/td-p/584668/...) but this was also not feasable as had to be altered everytime an upgrade was completed. We did not want to continue spending additional money on a service that should work in the monthly rate we already pay to MYOB.

All suggestions appreciated though, and happy to try any other ideas anyone may have! Smiley Happy

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @_Zentra 

Not sure what you mean by 'data is exporting to correct columns, just in the incorrect fields' - perhaps explain by way of an example - images would be great however MYOB moderators take ages to 'approve' the images.

The issue in the linked post is caused by duplicate entries in the Price Matrix - this is a table in MYOB that stores prices per item per buying level etc. A bug causes duplicate entries, so for the same item, pricing level and breakpoint, there are 2 or more entries. On screen you see one, on export you see another. This can also lead to inconsistent invoice pricing!

MYOB have scripts that fix this, however they don't fix the bug that causes the problem. So after they run the script you get a temporary solution, until a new duplicate is created. Solution is to get MYOB to run the script again, and again.....

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
_Zentra
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @gavin12345 

What you described is the exact issue. It looks correct in MYOB and exports to the wrong quanity break.

MYOB, can you run the script to fix this ASAP?!?

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @_Zentra 

Please send me your product serial number and company file name by Private Message, and I'll run the script to check if that resolves this issue.

Update: Ran script to fix the issue 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post