Send landscape invoice displaying as portrait

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Project-Z
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Send landscape invoice displaying as portrait

Hi,

Just signed up to invoices now payable online but I have a slight problem. Our standard invoice is setup in landscape layout, I can confirm this from the template, a print preview before sending and the attached invoice all confirm a landscape layout however, the invoice appears within the context of the email as a portrait format/layout, this obviously cuts off half the invoice and causes a lot of confusion with our customers who aren't quite bright enough to open the pdf also attached within the email. How would one rectify this issue when all the indicators and settings are already set to landscape

11 REPLIES 11
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: Send landscape invoice displaying as portrait

Hi @Project-Z 

Thank you for your post. Printing directly from the In Tray is something that we are actively looking into. In the meantime, saving the document originally with the selected sizes and then printing that saved document is the recommendation if you do require a printed copy of the correct layout of the document.

Please note that portrait and landscape orientation set may be overridden by your printer settings.

You may have a look at this Help Article: Set form size and background that has all the detailed information and steps to assist you with this. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Project-Z
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Yer, I dont think we are discussing the same issue here. I am talking about the invoice (My custom company invoice) that is attached to the email that I send to my customers. 

May its just me, but you seem to be talking about printing invoices locally from my in-tray. Thats the opposite of the problem I am experiencing.

I did phone the outsourced helpline, they were no help either

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @Project-Z 

Thank you for the response. At this point, we recommend trying to download the PDF invoices with the landscape layout set up on your computer and attach it to the sample email address so that you can have a look at the result as well. It might be the view settings of your customers when they received it could affect the appearance of the invoice you sent through email.

Please let me know how'd you go on this.

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Project-Z
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Printing the invoice works as expected.

Downloading the invoice works as expected.

Sending the invoice as an attachment within myob works as expected.

Sending the invoice embedded from within myob is the issue, hence why i have opted to send both embedded and as an attachment. I have no control over any format or how the embedded document is displayed to the customer. Is this a little clearer now?

zdfgzdg
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

We are having the same issue.

Invoices are Landscape. Everything prints fine normally. Except "View Online Invoice", which is Portrait, cutting off all totals and discount.

Jay21j
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Also having the same issue

we have always used landscape forms without any issues, now we have moved to online payments and have the "View invoice online" option its cutting off back to portrait view

has anyone found a solution to this?

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Jay21j

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Sorry to hear about the online invoice payment window not recognizing the format of the invoice. My understanding is when sending the invoice via application, printing it via application, and sending the email via web browser does not have any visual issues. May I collect screenshots pointing to the issue in view “online invoice online” for us to find a workaround.

Cheers, 

Genreve.

Jay21j
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Genreve

im trying to send you screen shots via private message but when message is clicked under your user name it just takes me to a page that only says private message?

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Jay21j,

Thanks for letting me know.

I added the ability to send private messages to your email address. Feel free to send your private messages containing the screenshot. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post