Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Superannuation payable on Dashboard is not what is says

13Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

13 Posts
User
New
New

On the MYOB Business dashboard, the amount shown under Superannuation Payable is in fact the sum of Superannuation Payable plus PAYG Withholding Payable. I have confirmed this by checking against ledger reports. 

To correct this, the heading should be changed from "Superannuation Payable" to "Superannuation and PAYG Withholding Payable", OR even better display Superannuation and PAYG Withholding as separate items.

As it currently stands the Dashboard is showing wrong information.

12 Comments
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Neil59,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

It's important to note that the information on the MYOB Business dashboard is likely reflecting the total of Superannuation Payable and PAYG Withholding Payable, especially if they share the same linked account. To address this and enhance clarity, we recommend ensuring that you have separate linked accounts for Superannuation and PAYG Withholding from Accounting >> Managed linked accounts.

If you encounter any challenges or have further questions, feel free to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

Neil59
13 Posts
User

Hi Princess

Thank you for your help with this.

There is no doubt that the MYOB Business Dashboard is reflecting the total of Superannuation Payable and PAYG Withholding Payable. This is what I pointed out in my original post and now you have confirmed it. This also confirms there is a problem with the Dashboard as it incorrectly calls the total amount Superannuation Payable.

You have recommended that I ensure I have separate linked accounts for Superannuation and PAYG Withholding. I have checked and believe this is the case. Can you please check the attached Screenshot and confirm?

My Dashboard is currently showing the sum of 6-4200 and 2-1350 and calling it Superannuation Payable. Which of course is incorrect.

Thanks again for you help

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 5.54.13 pm.jpg
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Neil59,

Thank you for your response and the attached screenshot.

Upon reviewing the information provided, it appears that your linked accounts are correctly configured for superannuation and PAYG withholding. If possible, could you kindly review the linked account associated with the Super Guarantee?

However, I've further checked on our end, and it seems that we are experiencing a similar issue with the dashboard displaying only Superannuation Payable. I will raise this matter with our relevant team for a thorough investigation. It could be a bug or a part of the new dashboard that needs refinement. Rest assured, we are committed to resolving this promptly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to address this issue. Feel free to create a new post if you have any concerns in the future, and I'll do my best to assist you.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Neil59,

I hope this message finds you well. I would just like to follow up regarding the linked account from the super guarantee window that I've recently asked for in my previous response. Please feel free to reply to this message, and I'd be happy to check further.

Cheers,

Princess

Neil59
13 Posts
User

Hi Princess

Thanks for your message.

I've attached a screenshot of the super guarantee window. The linked payable account was 2-1350 PAYG Withholding Payable. I've changed it to 2-1355 Superannuation Payable, which I think is the correct account.

However, this hasn't changed the amount of Superannuation Payable showing on the dashboard. This amount still matches the amount of PAYG Withholding Payable, which of course is confusing because it says "Superannuation Payable"

Thanks again & I look forward to your advice.

kind regards

TriciaTassell
Partner
26 Posts
Partner

Hello Princess,

Has there been any progress on resolving this incorrectly labelled as "Superannuation payable" on the dashboard when the total represents PAYG-W and Super.  I have checked my allocation accounts are separate and correct.

It is confusing for clients to see this amount in such a way.

With thanks,

Tricia Tassell

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @TriciaTassell,

Thank you for reaching out.

We've raised the issue with the relevant team for them to review and consider enhancing the dashboard for future updates. but as of now, we do not have an update on when the next system update will be.

In the meantime, as long as the general ledger account allocations are correct, there's no need to worry about the displayed heading name on the dashboard. It's the default heading name for liabilities and does not affect the actual transactions or balances.

We would also encourage you to post in our MYOB Business/Essentials Idea Exchange for our developers' review and consideration regarding the dashboard.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Princess

Sys_Guru
2 Posts
User

How hard can it be to change the lable on the dashboard so it accurately reflects the data it is presenting?

Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,523 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Sys_Guru,

Thank you for the post. Here's the link that has the information that can assist you with, The Dashboard - MYOB Business - MYOB Help Centre.

If you have any additional concerns in the future, please feel free to post again.

Kind regards,

Sai 

Sys_Guru
2 Posts
User

@Isaiah_C unfortunately the information on the Help Centre is wrong as well.

It says in the section "GST, Superannuation, PAYE and KiwiSaver"

• (Australia) how much super is payable for your employees

The problem is the dashboard doesn't show how much employee superannuation is payable, it shows the sum of Superannuation and PAYG, which is confusing/misleading.