Forum Discussion

OlegVlasov
Contributing User
4 years ago

504 - GATEWAY_TIMEOUT

Hi guys.

I work at the project that uses Myob API to fetch data for the reports building and data analys .

We noticed that sometimes we get the response:
{
"StatusCode": 504,
"ReasonPhrase": "GATEWAY_TIMEOUT",
"Version": {
"Major": 1,
"Minor": 1,
"Build": -1,
"Revision": -1,
"MajorRevision": -1,
"MinorRevision": -1
},
"Content": "",
"HEADERS": {
"Authorization": "...",
"x-myobapi-key": "...",
"x-myobapi-version": "v2"
}
}

That happened on the requests from these endpoints:
- /GeneralLedger/JournalTransaction
- /GeneralLedger/Account
- /Sale/Invoice
- /GeneralLedger/JournalTransaction

All of them were performed by filtering by dates and pagination (page size -100), each occurred on the same page which differs from first one.

Could you take a look please? Any advice how to resolve this on the side of our application would be appreciated too.

Please let me know if any other details are required.

• Hi OlegVlasov , the API team may have other comments, but that message, and "Internal Server Error" occurs at random, and our solution is to retry all our calls up to 5 times. 

There was a large volume of these errors late last year, but the API infrastructure was improved and they have reduced in frequency since then. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi OlegVlasov , the API team may have other comments, but that message, and "Internal Server Error" occurs at random, and our solution is to retry all our calls up to 5 times. 

There was a large volume of these errors late last year, but the API infrastructure was improved and they have reduced in frequency since then. 

painIsrelative
      User

we are getting random of these regularly. Particulary when pushing up invoices.  (even small invoices)

The frustrating thing is that sometime steh invoice is created in MYOB and sometimes it has not. We assume that because it timed out, it failed and end up duplicating teh invoice.

how doe sit take 30 seconds to push up a 5 line invoice.

I see there is an accpeted solution here, but I dont see one.